Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been months since my last post. This year I was extremely busy and I decided not to mess with the bees, ticks, snakes and tigers haha during the hot months. Waited till harvest then got to work. I will soon do a wrap up of some of the relics and coins found this year but I figured this deserved a thread of its own. Just as last year, im still hunting the same 2 farm permissions. One colonial and the other visited a couple days ago civil war. Every time the farmer plows with his deep 18'' its like a semi- new site. Soo My friend and I went up to the farm checking the field conditions and noticed a area that had been widened by the plow. Last year this would have been a tall grassy area on the side lines. We both worked the area starting on separate ends and we started getting signals. First came 3 or 4 mini balls and my buddy digs a CS button. Im now working a low spot about 10ft off the edge and get a scratchy but dig me signal, out pops a 1852 3cent trime. I then grid this area maybe 20'x20' into the sideline area and my earphones about exploded. I dug the first of three pieces to my First Confederate Tongue and Wreath Belt Plate!!! I say first of three because the darn thing was scattered in three pieces in this sideline grass area. First came the wreath, im cartwheeling. Then the keeper, starting to shake. Few minutes later out pops the CS, I was done my heart couldn't take anymore. LOL In between the plate finds also had a 1853 seated half dime reveal itself. Had a wonderful time as always with great people this year. Cant wait to see what 2019 has to bring. As always GL&HH

Pic 2019.jpeg Pic 2019 2.png Pic 2019 3.png Pic 2019 4.png Pic 2019 5.png Pic 2019 7.png

Here are the two coins:

Pic 2019 8.png Pic 2019 9.png

Last edited:
Upvote 115

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Little trash?", in some regards true, however, you forgot the 5,000 fired modern bullets the whackos used on groundhogs, the melted aluminum mine field from the exploded and burnt up farm tractor and the aluminum can heaven the landscapers left and the 500,000 tons of "stuff" including an entire iron bed filling in the old road!:laughing7:

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Little trash?", in some regards true, however, you forgot the 5,000 fired modern bullets the whackos used on groundhogs, the melted aluminum mine field from the exploded and burnt up farm tractor and the aluminum can heaven the landscapers left and the 500,000 tons of "stuff" including an entire iron bed filling in the old road!:laughing7:

oh yeah there was that. Haha

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT find and congrats on the banner! I BET the other piece of the wreath is there! 99% Certain!

Thanks BuckleBoy. Ive checked twice since, no luck. Another deep plow may do the trick.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and I will hit that grass strip again.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great one!!! Congrats.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CONGRATULATION'S :occasion14:

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great one!!! Congrats.

Thanks Calabash Digger. I watch your videos all the time, you manage to pull out some awesome relics as well. Thanks for sharing the vids, my go to rainy day activity. Haha

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your 2nd BANNER on Tnet and with a beautiful CS wreath buckle too! :occasion14:

The silvers aren't shabby finds either! :thumbsup:

Dave

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty freaking metal!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
quite the unbelievable find! wicked awesome on all of it but a center piece for sure! congrats, cloud nine?

OP
OP
dfallis1

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your 2nd BANNER on Tnet and with a beautiful CS wreath buckle too! :occasion14:

The silvers aren't shabby finds either! :thumbsup:

Dave

Thank you Antiquarian. This was insane. I gaze at it everyday, speechless that I pulled one out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions