639.9 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 13
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
The title of the post are my exact thought on the sites I have lost in the past 3 years
I think he hasn’t sold that section yet. They were surveying to replace a pipe going across the creek. But I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t sell soon cause his kids really don’t care about cows and raising hay in the fields. He’s about our age.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I can still hunt this property but the one section I found most of these points is much deeper further up and the bank is covered by thorns. So if the water drops a couple of feet I might be able to go further upstream. No rain in the forecast so far. But it will take at least 3 weeks to drop the level. There was a big gator spotted a few years back out there and unless I can see the bottom I’m not walking. Even carrying a pistol if you are grabbed you won’t have time to react. If could of moved on some place else but who knows.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
What state do you live in?
I’m in NW Georgia. DNR claims we don’t have gators here or cottonmouths. I’ve seen one cottonmouth myself in a lake. No gators yet and I know the theory on the gators claiming that they won’t bother you. But yet almost every year you hear of an attack or 2. I’ve seen the picture on the net it’s a big fat gator a lot different than Florida stained a dark black.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m in NW Georgia. DNR claims we don’t have gators here or cottonmouths. I’ve seen one cottonmouth myself in a lake. No gators yet and I know the theory on the gators claiming that they won’t bother you. But yet almost every year you hear of an attack or 2. I’ve seen the picture on the net it’s a big fat gator a lot different than Florida stained a dark black.
Usually the only ones that approach you are the ones that have been fed. The females with babies can be very dangerous though, but that goes with any animal.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Usually the only ones that approach you are the ones that have been fed. The females with babies can be very dangerous though, but that goes with any animal.
Never know with wild animals. I do know the hunters throw the carcasses in that creek. I would assume that the gator knows and would go to that area waiting for a free meal. I do look for slides but so far nothing but beaver and deer trails along the banks. I will wait I’m patient.

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never know with wild animals. I do know the hunters throw the carcasses in that creek. I would assume that the gator knows and would go to that area waiting for a free meal. I do look for slides but so far nothing but beaver and deer trails along the banks. I will wait I’m patient.
Out at my job, the shift operators had been feeding leftovers to an 7-8’ gator. That thing would climb up a 6’ creek bank and try to get in the work buggy with you looking for scraps. Finally had a local rescue group remove it. Besides being highly illegal, it’s best not to feed them for their sake. If they start approaching people, the game wardens will shoot them if there is no rescue available.

1686404737096.png

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Couple of the pictures that were taken of it from 2018. Been a while so it could be anywhere. Long creek many miles. Creek gets deep in some places.

Attachments

• IMG_0955.jpeg
    IMG_0955.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0957.jpeg
    IMG_0957.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I might be able to get another look after this week. Weather says a whole week of rain starting tomorrow, 6 inches which equals 6 feet and over the banks in this creek.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
gator can be a serious big time problem for sure.
I used to walk around the water when my mom was alive and living in FLA, never had a close call but I watched carefully those I saw.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Can never be too careful when there are gators in the area. Here in Florida they live in residential ponds/canals, everywhere.
I grew up in Florida I know way to much about them. Even the small 4 foot ones can be vicious

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
gator can be a serious big time problem for sure.
I used to walk around the water when my mom was alive and living in FLA, never had a close call but I watched carefully those I saw.
Once I was fishing a small river and a big fat gator was watching me and following me all up and down. Probably waiting for me to catch a fish. But it gave me chills so I just left instead.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better to be cautious, no gators here but, black bears are starting to be reported a little more frequently coming into the corner of Kansas from the ozarks and we have the occasional mountain lion move through… it’s a funny spot to be in. I like the idea of these things making a come back but there is an upside to not having to look over your shoulder or under the water when outdoors

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Better to be cautious, no gators here but, black bears are starting to be reported a little more frequently coming into the corner of Kansas from the ozarks and we have the occasional mountain lion move through… it’s a funny spot to be in. I like the idea of these things making a come back but there is an upside to not having to look over your shoulder or under the water when outdoors
We have bear’s and large cats here too. I’ve seen prints no to mention coyotes. Most times they go the other direction so far. But I do stay alert when I’m out. Most owners don’t want anyone but me out on their property so I have to be cautious as to what and where. It’s really easy to get in the creek bottoms but sometimes really hard to find a good spot to get out. I’m thinking of taking a rope with me my next trip maybe 20 feet with a clamp on one end to tie around a tree so I can try and avoid all the poison ivy. I’ve been itching for a month now. We have poison oak to. Not sure what type it is but nothing cures it.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tec-nu works wonders for me, takes poison ivy right off wether immediately after being outside or after a have a rash apparently it isn’t for everyone though I convinced a guy I know to try it and he said it was worthless and gave me the rest of it… there’s a more liquid form you can throw in the wash too to get it off your clothes

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Tec-nu works wonders for me, takes poison ivy right off wether immediately after being outside or after a have a rash apparently it isn’t for everyone though I convinced a guy I know to try it and he said it was worthless and gave me the rest of it… there’s a more liquid form you can throw in the wash too to get it off your clothes
I just took a screen shot of it online. I will try anything for it. Thanks
I just keep getting into that stuff somehow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread