It was a Good Week

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This showed up in the sluice on day 4. If we both weren't so old and hurting, we would have done the dance.

DSCF1625.JPG

DSCF1626.JPG

Expand the pics if you can for the best detail.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Mike! Bet it didn't travel very far down the sluice!
It made it at least to the fourth riffle, first of the smaller riffles which was packed with black sands. We never saw it until the panning. Rockguy was back splashing through the "holy sh!t" cup and said he was getting excited, then the three of us were paying close attention. At the time, I place the specimen value at $100, and sent pics to a goldsmith that placed it at $150-175.

PJV

Dec 6, 2017
Concord
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice chunk with quarts. I bet it broke off close to where you are working. I'm sure it has brothers and sisters waiting to be picked up also.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It made it at least to the fourth riffle, first of the smaller riffles which was packed with black sands. We never saw it until the panning. Rockguy was back splashing through the "holy sh!t" cup and said he was getting excited, then the three of us were paying close attention. At the time, I place the specimen value at $100, and sent pics to a goldsmith that placed it at $150-175.
Yes!
[emoji119][emoji119][emoji119][emoji119] - nice find! How does that make it to the 4th riffle? Might want to slow er' down a bit. Lol. Hope all is well Mike. HEAVY PANS!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread