VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Tennessee Trio and I personally had a good year in 2012. I personally recovered 408 Civil war relics during the year. By categories, here is what I consider as my personal best finds:
Civil War plates- U.S. box plate from Gen. John Hunt Morgan CSA camp and a breastplate from a U.S. picket post. Robert McDaniel restored both plates.
Civil War Buttons- Two coat size Eagle Cavalry Officer buttons-One from a middle Tennessee Union camp where the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Michigan Cavalry was camped in Dec. 1862 and the other from a site in Arkansas (restored).
Oldest Coin- A 1794 Liberty Cap cent found along an old pioneer trail near the Cumberland River in Tennessee.
Three new boxes of relics-These came from a camp where the 72[SUP]nd[/SUP] Ind., 74[SUP]th[/SUP] Ind., and 105[SUP]th[/SUP] Ohio Infantry was camped along with the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Michigan Cavalry in late 1862.
Three of my articles were published in North South Trader’s Civil War Magazine, three more published in American Digger Magazine, and five more ran in Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine. I was honored to be pictured on the cover of Western & Eastern for the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] consecutive year. Several of my finds were pictured in North South Trader and American Digger. It’s easy to write articles when you have good digging partners like Doug Holder, Josh Tyree, and Donnie and Julia Vaughn in Tennessee plus John Freeman and John Jr. from Oklahoma to make outstanding recoveries and provide hunting adventures that I can write about.
It will be hard to top this year in the future as CW relics get harder to locate every year. Get ‘em while you can and HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• Best of 20121 (1280x720).jpg
    Best of 20121 (1280x720).jpg
    178 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive year! You got some super finds!

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year, Quindy! You can tell you do your research and it pays off big time! Much success to you and the trio in 2013!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Quindy. You have inspired and always been kind to offer advice and help others. A true ambassador you and the team you hunt with are. Appreciate your friendship and the sharing of your recoveries.
You all are some relic hunting machines.:notworthy:
HH in 2013
TnMtns

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all your finds!! Love that Breast Plate, and Liberty Cap!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great (two plate) year there Quindy! But what really makes it great is that you were able to get out with friends on a regular basis throughout the year and find relics virtually every time out!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys had an awesome year and i am simply envious at the CW relics recovered! Heck, I still get excited when I dig a three ringer :) Best wishes for another year of plentiful finds!~ Shane

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good stuff Q!
I hope to get my butt in gear this year and get out and find something.
Took a long break from detecting, need to get back into it.:icon_thumright:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice:icon_thumright: Good luck:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread