It was found northern Idaho near a place called santa, not sure what kind of cluster its called but it's a brauty

Chr038

Sep 7, 2022
What would this cluster be call, if anyone knows, it was found northern Idaho near place called santa .its quite heavy and has many diffrent color crystals IMG_20220913_210100_DRO.jpg , IMG_20220913_210028_DRO.jpg IMG_20220913_210047_DRO.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jose The Goon

Apr 1, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D, 6000Di, Eagle, & PI 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not a rockhound & I don't have much knowledge of crystals. I know what amethyst crystals look like because I found some at low tide in the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia years ago. But, an uneducated guess would be a cluster of some type of Quartz crystals. Here's a site I found that is set up by a man named Mike Rhea. You might find some info related to your find here. If not, maybe you could get in touch with Mike & tell him what part of Idaho you found it, & chances are good he could identify your cluster for you. Good luck. Thanks for posting your interesting find. Very cool looking hunk of crystal. Congrats !!
Link to Mike's Idaho site: https://rockhoundresource.com/idaho-rockhounding-location-guide-map/

OP
OP
C

Chr038

Sep 7, 2022
I'm not a rockhound & I don't have much knowledge of crystals. I know what amethyst crystals look like because I found some at low tide in the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia years ago. But, an uneducated guess would be a cluster of some type of Quartz crystals. Here's a site I found that is set up by a man named Mike Rhea. You might find some info related to your find here. If not, maybe you could get in touch with Mike & tell him what part of Idaho you found it, & chances are good he could identify your cluster for you. Good luck. Thanks for posting your interesting find. Very cool looking hunk of crystal. Congrats !!
Link to Mike's Idaho site: https://rockhoundresource.com/idaho-rockhounding-location-guide-map/
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread