It's a Flat World

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I finally met someone who is convinced the world is flat. I've heard of this before. I even thought that perhaps it was started by some research team to see how far people could be led to believe a blatant falsehood. This person is a niece living in another state She had an answer for everything I proposed or just didn't answer but was firm in her belief. She has since sent me links to a Flat Earth Institute. I decided not to press the issue. People are free to believe anything they want as long as it harms no one. Doesn't have to make sense or be factual. I have always believed that if you stand on the corner and make the most blatant falsehoods and claims, say it in a loud voice repeatedly and with conviction, you will have followers. Yep, even millions of them.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
***ARC quickly jumps up from the computer... runs to the window and peaks outside to see for himself "how the land lays"***

Yep... tis flat outside.

Especially the driveway.

Ah hem... um... well there are those who still think that man has never been to the moon.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not everyone’s opinion or theory is viable or “equal” just because they believe strongly in it. We’ve become too politically correct and we no longer just tell folks straight-out: “well, that’s just plain stupidity.” People deny science because they are too lazy or inept to study it.

The earth is a sphere. Round is a 2-Dimensional description. :-)

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flat earth new.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a guy on a the street corner with a sign informing everyone the world is flat. I guess there's quite a large following of flat earthers who are convinced we've been lied to and we're all are living on a big pizza pie.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Ah hem... um... well there are those who still think that man has never been to the moon.
I know. I met one a number of years ago. He was working as a helper. I said something about the moon landing and he was shocked. He didn't know about it which in turn shocked me. He was a young guy from a poor country. The floor is the dirt the shack is built on kinda place.

OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I did a little research about it and I came across an article for educators about how to deal with students who believe the world is flat that are entering college. ( Kind of scary.)

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a 69 page thread in the politics section with a lot of proof of a round earth. One guy still believes it's flat.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zincon Miner, sorry I had to delete your post, it violates our rules on religion...

highball

Greenie
Sep 12, 2016
Western Washington
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Safari, Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Golden μMax, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Cortes, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F75, Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread