It's about 7" long...

Finneas

Greenie
Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a box at an estate sale in Visalia, CA. The best guess was a bottle opener. I don't think so, but that's what it will become if I can't identify it. Maybe it will anyway! image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a part to a woodstove maybe a pot rest.

Upvote 0

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a football kickers stand. ? ? ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Euro tech pro dd, xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like its designed to handle heat. It has feet, so we are looking at it upside down. The small hole looks like its for a handle to be inserted like a outdoor grill grate wrench. The large hole is interesting and could be just for letting the heat through or it could be designed to hold a cup or at least a round bottom vessel, like one to melt lead. It's design appears to be to keep your hand away from the heat and for balance. The 43 means something, I don't know.
Cool item to figure on, thanks.

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a combination spanner wrench of some kind made specific for the installation and removal of some spanner nut on any thing from a printing press to an oil rig. What ever it was made for I can't find it, as there are some many different designs that can do one or more functions?. This one was made specific only to work on some nut of a Maytag washing machine.

Attachments

• spanner wrench.jpg
    spanner wrench.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Finneas

Greenie
Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be a heck of a toe ache when you missed and kicked cast iron!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Finneas

Greenie
Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pic doesn't show it, but there are very short nubs (3) on the other side so it is elevated just a bit. The taper ( countersink?) between the numbers seems to indicate this is the up side. Still a mystery. I'm leaning towards a part of a coal or wood stove...

Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
No idea dude, however if it where my find I would clean it up and use it for some sort of display stand in my house. Maybe a little clay cup inside to hold some pens in my study.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Finneas

Greenie
Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I will give it to my wife as a candle holder, for Christmas. If it's a gift, she can't throw it away!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread