Its been a while but heres my 2 cents!!!!

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while but here's my 2 cents!!!!

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is well, I have not posted in quite some but couldn't resist getting out with the weather we've been having here in southern Michigan! What an awesome day out my girlfriend and I had! We went to a piece of property her father owns where a house trailer now sits but the 1872 map I have access to shows a homesite there. The proof was in the ground! We didn't have long but will be returning.

The buckle was the first find which got me really excited it's small and not sure what kind of buckle it is but I have never found one with the guts still in! It has some fancy on it as well. The next thing that popped up was my girlfriends find she pulled the harmonica reed then the bigger spoon bowl. We had a pizza on the way and decided before we called it a night to try the other side of the driveway. First signal I got didn't seem very deep I cut and flipped the plug, hmm still in the plug (only about a 3 inch plug) I brush some dirt and tell my girlfriend I think I have a token, since I have never seen a coin this size. Pick it up wipe some dirt and saw a big ole 2!!! I went crazy! Wipe the other side 1866! What an amazing feeling, and another check off the bucket list!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408353.783158.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408380.700524.jpg

She had popped a plug at this point and we went to check her signal and out comes what is the only 3 ringer I have ever held. Found in southern Michigan appears to be a dropped bullet what an awesome day! We will be returning to this site numerous times as we have barely covered any of the ground!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408431.034493.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408442.369320.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458408453.690002.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well and I should be back to posting on the regular very soon!!! Best of luck everyone and happy hunting!

Upvote 17

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the 2 Cent coin - great condition. Michigan soil has been kind to that one!!

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Finds Colt!, Those 2 centers are Sweet to find. I like the small buckle you found too.

OP
OP
coltdavis

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Finds Colt!, Those 2 centers are Sweet to find. I like the small buckle you found too.

Thanks nova! Glad to be back at it! Good to see you are still on treasurenet as well. I remember chatting with you around 2009ish when I got my first detector I took quite a break until last summer really, feels good to be digging again!

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the 2 center

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story and congratulations on the coin and relics. You're lucky to have that mostly unspoiled historic spot at your disposal, and a companion who enjoys the hobby with you. Thanks for posting and welcome back.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great 2-center! I've found most U.S. Coins at this point but a 2c eludes me. I'm so friggin jealous!! Lol

Great find and the condition is great

Steve

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging you 1st 2 Cent :occasion14: I bet you're going back there soon,

OP
OP
coltdavis

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on digging you 1st 2 Cent :occasion14: I bet you're going back there soon,

Thank you, and for sure! We have a lot of ground to cover, there has to be more! Well hopefully lol

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great green patina on that 2-center, and the minnie ain't too shabby either.
Go back, go back, go back!
Kudos,
Carl

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the 2 center. One of my favorite coins! I've been lucky to find two and they were both in amazing shape and a joy to clean given that they are bronze like an IHP. First coin to have the motto "In God we Trust" on it. WTG!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread