IT'S CRAZY NO ONE TALKS ABOUT THIS! Easy Way to Melt Gold at Home!

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
I can't believe No One talks about this method!
This is by far the easiest way I have found to melt gold. I would say that is substantially easier than using a torch also.From hardrock gold to placer gold, we load it into the furnace to melt.
Let's create some big gold bars to brighten our day, happy Sunday ya'll.

Upvote 8

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This furnace is great for melting refined metals into forms with moulds. But I wonder if it can get hot enough to smelt materials with lots of impurities, and have it extract/separate the gold from those impurities. I don't think 2100F is hot enough. Is there an electric furnace that can get hot enough to do smelting?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This furnace is great for melting refined metals into forms with moulds. But I wonder if it can get hot enough to smelt materials with lots of impurities, and have it extract/separate the gold from those impurities. I don't think 2100F is hot enough. Is there an electric furnace that can get hot enough to do smelting?
If you got the money,it,s out there.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will get hot enough smelting just takes longer and I think limited on crucible size. Smaller samples

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It will get hot enough smelting just takes longer and I think limited on crucible size. Smaller samples
Thanks, That's good info for any possible future foray into that part of our pastime.

I've been afraid of gas since my Dad said both his parents died a year apart in house fires due to faulty gas heating. I tend to like electric for everything.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, That's good info for any possible future foray into that part of our pastime.

I've been afraid of gas since my Dad said both his parents died a year apart in house fires due to faulty gas heating. I tend to like electric for everything.

You're better off using gas... using it outside is safe. There's ton of both on Amazon

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes there are in fact electric furnaces that can hit up to 2300 pretty easily. It is when you cross that 2300 ish mark that things get more tricky. But as far as i understand it only like 2150 or 2200 f to properly smelt.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're better off using gas... using it outside is safe. There's ton of both on Amazon
Yep, little ceramic wool and a weed burner torch can actually go quite a long ways. Also is VERY easy to build a propane burner out of the black pipe section in the hardware store. Add proper size welding tip, a shut off, and a propane regulator and you can get stuff hot in a hurry. If no access to soft bricks or ceramic wool, I have seen people make short term furnaces out of cement and rice mixture to create a porous insulator(a rigged refractory of sorts). Won't last long, but would for sure melt plenty of gold before it gave up.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would be more cautious of an electrical overload starting a fire. Propane outdoors is safe when used properly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread