🔎 UNIDENTIFIED It's on the tip of my tongue... metal detecting find

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like I have seen something very similar to this item before, but I can simply not place where, when, or what it is. I found this metal detecting at a site in Colorado where a fair has been held since the 1970s. I noticed using Google Earth that there used to be some sort of homestead or farm (with multiple buildings) at this site as well. There were images of it there in 1937 and in 1955. I found this object down by where the farm would have been located.
MDFindOne.jpg
MDFindTwo.jpg
MDFindThree.jpg
MDFindFour.jpg
MDFindSix.jpg
MDFindFive.jpg
MDFindSeven.jpg
MDFindEight.jpg
MDFindNine.jpg

Any ideas?

I wonder if it like an adjustable pin of some sorts. It has some bend-ability, as though maybe the two "prongs" were meant to be squeezed together and put into something so that it would hold something in place? Just a guess.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel like I have seen something very similar to this item before, but I can simply not place where, when, or what it is. I found this metal detecting at a site in Colorado where a fair has been held since the 1970s. I noticed using Google Earth that there used to be some sort of homestead or farm (with multiple buildings) at this site as well. There were images of it there in 1937 and in 1955. I found this object down by where the farm would have been located.
View attachment 2033280 View attachment 2033281 View attachment 2033282 View attachment 2033283 View attachment 2033285 View attachment 2033284 View attachment 2033286 View attachment 2033287 View attachment 2033288
Any ideas?

I wonder if it like an adjustable pin of some sorts. It has some bend-ability, as though maybe the two "prongs" we
Mounted onto a wall
To hang the broom outta the way until needed again!
re meant to be squeezed together and put into something so that it would hold something in place? Just a guess.
It’s a broom handle grabber thingy !

Upvote 3

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2033280 View attachment 2033281 View attachment 2033282 View attachment 2033283 View attachment 2033285 View attachment 2033284 View attachment 2033286 View attachment 2033287 View attachment 2033288
Any ideas?

I wonder if it like an adjustable pin of some sorts. It has some bend-ability, as though maybe the two "prongs" were meant to be squeezed together and put into something so that it would hold something in place? Just a guess.
I am sure Arc got it. You should check the box by his name as solved.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
S

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you to everyone for the help! You are always spot-on!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread