Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI Just got off of phone with BLM CA. State Office.

Guy said it will be mid October before the backlog of Maintenance payments and waivers will be caught up. I saw a friends finally posted he mailed last week of August.

I've talked to two fools who said they arent submitting to BLM because BLM didn't mail them forms.

I told them they are gonna lose their claims..they think they are gonne win in court.

I've also come acrooss several claims payng maintenance fees for years yet never recoring NOIH at the county.

Pretty silly.

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FYI Just got off of phone with BLM CA. State Office.

Guy said it will be mid October before the backlog of Maintenance payments and waivers will be caught up. I saw a friends finally posted he mailed last week of August.
That's absurd. The man is clearly deluded or lying. California was several years behind before this September's deadline.

California has only processed 36% of all the claims in the State ever. They were at 38% at the beginning of this year and have gotten further behind every month since. They have a backlog of 16,905 mining claims from past years still to process.

Other states have already started closing claims for non filing of small miners and non payment of fees for the 2023 mining year. California in past years didn't even begin processing small miners until August of the following year. That was until COVID - since then very little has been done to process claims by the BLM in California.

For comparison:

Utah, which has a lot more claims than California, usually has all their annual claims processing done by October. Utah has the second worst rating behind California for processing claims at 70%.

New Mexico usually processes all claims within the month - they are typically 100% processed at any given point - proving that it is possible to do the job as assigned.

Nevada has more than a quarter of a million active mining claims. Nevada started closing claims for no filing in the first week of September this year. California has only 26,000 active claims total. Nevada processed more than 76,000 claims last year. California processed less than 1,400.

I wouldn't hold my breath for California to catch up by October 2050 much less October of this year. :BangHead:

Heavy Pans

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I'm surprised that the heads of these departments don't weed out those that are responsible for this inefficient responsibility for doing this paperwork ! Someone ought to be replaced or fired !

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's absurd. The man is clearly deluded or lying. California was several years behind before this September's deadline.

California has only processed 36% of all the claims in the State ever. They were at 38% at the beginning of this year and have gotten further behind every month since. They have a backlog of 16,905 mining claims from past years still to process.

Other states have already started closing claims for non filing of small miners and non payment of fees for the 2023 mining year. California in past years didn't even begin processing small miners until August of the following year. That was until COVID - since then very little has been done to process claims by the BLM in California.

For comparison:

Utah, which has a lot more claims than California, usually has all their annual claims processing done by October. Utah has the second worst rating behind California for processing claims at 70%.

New Mexico usually processes all claims within the month - they are typically 100% processed at any given point - proving that it is possible to do the job as assigned.

Nevada has more than a quarter of a million active mining claims. Nevada started closing claims for no filing in the first week of September this year. California has only 26,000 active claims total. Nevada processed more than 76,000 claims last year. California processed less than 1,400.

I wouldn't hold my breath for California to catch up by October 2050 much less October of this year. :BangHead:

Heavy Pans
My mailed stuff showed pretty quickly last year. The fella I help keep the claims I dropped off of. he mailed week of August 20 this year his stuff showed up on his SRP as well as most of the claims in the area I keep tabs on.
if you call with questions about a certain claims status..can they look up the actual info.. or do those SOB's literally have a pilke of mail...grrrrrrrr.

would be nice to assume that the online submitted stuff posted in weekly batches atleast.

thats why I always go in person. SRP updated instantly.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you call with questions about a certain claims status..can they look up the actual info.. or do those SOB's literally have a pilke of mail...grrrrrrrr.

would be nice to assume that the online submitted stuff posted in weekly batches atleast.

thats why I always go in person. SRP updated instantly.
Yup, you can call the guys in Sac and they can look it up and tell you if it has been accepted if you haven't heard back from them. Last year, I called and they had it in a stack, not processed yet, but accepted and in the line, ready to be processed. You would think that this year they would be faster... no... It's listed on the net as completed, but no paperwork back from BLM yet.

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay every year you post the mining claim flowchart and it’s always appreciated!

Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions