2 MB · Views: 33

Sarge50

Apr 11, 2022
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s got that lead patina on it and it’s flat as you see then it gets round and then there’s a shark tip. I’ve racked my brain on this particular piece and I kept it and I just found it so maybe one of y’all can help me out
Is it metal, wood, stone? Does a magnet stick to it? At first I wanted to say a handle to a trowel but the point has me baffled? Location of find? Did you find metal detecting?

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it metal, wood, stone? Does a magnet stick to it? At first I wanted to say a handle to a trowel but the point has me baffled? Location of find? Did you find metal detecting?
I found it Metal Detecting and I thought it was led due to the Patina but I might be wrong. It definitely was a head scratcher so I kept it and it’s been in the back of my display case driving me nuts. I have to find a magnet I’ll get back with you. I appreciate you taking a look it’s such an odd shape of flat to round cylinder to a point. Weird

Upvote 1

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
10 pounds?
1/4 ounce?

A spring end could ride on the pointed end inside a cylinder. And the flat end be a latch/fit in a mortise or similar catch.

IF it had a protrusion on the top of the last picture it would be a little like the mechanism on a snap hook for a horse or dog lead. (Pronounced " Leed" not heavy metal "lead".) that has a spring behind it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread