Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been working on something and without giving too much away I’m in the swamps with a crazy shrimper who is told me about the first people in America with German the problem is the hurricanes have blown everything in and out and it’s taxing I can tell you that. The guy I’m with is more interested in the petrified wood as I’m into Metal Detecting and area where a House once was. I did find an interesting piece and I wanna know if anybody has seen something like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like it had hooks or a pin on the back. Is that right? What metal?
I saw the little latch and I’m not sure what metal is it brass and have something that silver and gold flake is coming through

Upvote 3

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the little latch and I’m not sure what metal is it brass and have something that silver and gold flake is coming through
Looks like silver but hard to tell. I think it had a pin or latch on back. Maybe a hat pin or broach??? Just a guess. I found one about that size that still had the latch for pin on back and it was more feminine. I figured it was a ladies broach or pin attachm3ent for a hat or something.

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like silver but hard to tell. I think it had a pin or latch on back. Maybe a hat pin or broach??? Just a guess. I found one about that size that still had the latch for pin on back and it was more feminine. I figured it was a ladies broach or pin attachm3ent for a hat or something.
Looks like a Indian chief though doesn’t it?

Upvote 5

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Truth. Mine is a bit different than yours. It has a lady's face and looks like it had a ribbon hanging from it at one time. I have not tried to polish it up, just soft brush and mild soap. Not sure on metal but brass or copper I suppose. I could work on it and find out. Yours is much nicer metal, I think. I am fairly sure this was worn by a lady.
It is just a bit smaller than yours. I did not go out to the garage to get a tape since I was just showing you a comparison.

Attachments

• broach1.jpg
    broach1.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 35
  • broach2.jpg
    broach2.jpg
    627.5 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cleaned it up a little bit oh and I also found this leaf
Hey Truth. Mine is a bit different than yours. It has a lady's face and looks like it had a ribbon hanging from it at one time. I have not tried to polish it up, just soft brush and mild soap. Not sure on metal but brass or copper I suppose. I could work on it and find out. Yours is much nicer metal, I think. I am fairly sure this was worn by a lady.
It is just a bit smaller than yours. I did not go out to the garage to get a tape since I was just showing you a comparison.
yeah mine is definitely an Indian chief I could tell that I looked on the back and it didn’t look like they had pen I think that picture was bad that I sent the first time

Attachments

• 2BB7B369-4A12-4FD6-B2E8-6381795B4850.jpeg
    2BB7B369-4A12-4FD6-B2E8-6381795B4850.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 7D55BD90-6DCF-4ADC-8282-04C973F58492.jpeg
    7D55BD90-6DCF-4ADC-8282-04C973F58492.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A front door decoration? The loop on the one with the cherub (baby) may indicate it was a door knocker. People proud of their heritage or even coat of arms were on their front door.
It’s pretty thin for a door knocker ad it only like 2” at the most
that is cool

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this in a Shellmound that was occupied by a German village on the opposite side of Lake Ponchartrain outside New Orleans a spot where they used to live but it was erased from a hurricane in the early 1900’s

Upvote 2

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a Shellmound that was occupied by a German village on the opposite side of Lake Ponchartrain outside New Orleans a spot where they used to live but it was erased from a hurricane in the early 1900’s
Good info, Truth.

Upvote 1

BBJJBB

Apr 12, 2022
I’ve been working on something and without giving too much away I’m in the swamps with a crazy shrimper who is told me about the first people in America with German the problem is the hurricanes have blown everything in and out and it’s taxing I can tell you that. The guy I’m with is more interested in the petrified wood as I’m into Metal Detecting and area where a House once was. I did find an interesting piece and I wanna know if anybody has seen something like this?
It's definitely an American Indian.
Looks like lead.
Reminds me of a death mask.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread