Jackpot!

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went looking for new permissions today but i suppose it was fortunate there was no one home at any of the places i checked . in hopes of salvaging a day of beautiful weather i stopped at a site which has produced some of my best finds. This is one of my "plan B" sites , I've probably detected it dozens of times . I decided to go low and slow in a trashy area i usually avoid and it payed off. First good signal turned out to be a coin purse and well... i'll just let the picture speak for itself... 20190330_132336.jpg If that wasn't enough i finished the day with a 1884 IHP , 1943P war nickel and a 1864 2 cent piece. today was a good day.

Upvote 58

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! What a find !! This is Amazing !! What is the mesh purse made of ? Is it Sterling ? I think this is banner ! You just don't find the mesh purse and the contents !! Very rare to see that dug and posted here !! I'm voting !!

OP
OP
Wyoming Valley Relics
Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the wheats are 1909(no VDB), 1913, 1918 and 2x 1919.
I wish the purse was silver, it was silver washed and it was flaking off which made rechecking the hole harder.

Thank you all for the likes and comments. just remember no site is ever "hunted out" . this is my "plan B" site". I've been to it dozens of times over the past 5 years with 2 different machines. This particular time i decided to really focus on the trashy area i always avoided. Other then this I found a 1884 IHP, 1864 2 cent piece and a 1943P war nickel to finish my day at the site. No machine is perfect, you are the detector! A different machine, at a different angle, or maybe a different season or weather( or maybe a different way of thinking/looking at a site) can produce new signals . I am blessed with a few "plan B" sites i can visit whenever and i want and I still find(found) new signals. Happy hunting!\

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find. Like I said, that right there is exactly what we all hope for every time we go out. I'm voting banner!

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice. Congrats.

CTXAgGetter

Mar 2, 2019
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crazy. I love hitting an old spot with a new machine in a new season. Feels like everything is almost fresh again! Congrats on the GREAT finds.
I'd sure be interested in seeing the 2 cent piece. Never dug one, but found one in the Coinstar reject once, believe it or not!
Beautiful photo, too, by the way!

Last edited:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, super rare find. A coin purse and contents. A day like that is why we do what we do. Cool find and a sad loss for the owner. Glad you found it after all these years. Nice save. Congrats!

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even without the coin purse you had a good day with a war nickel, 2 IHPs and a 2 cent piece. The coin purse made it a fantastic one. Congratulations on your jackpot. Your plan B site sounds to me like a plan A site to grid and go low and slow all over.

Good luck and keep swingin.

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heavy trash areas at old sites are the go to areas following the 'glory days' of easy pickens. With a good detector, five inch coil, the patience of Job and swinging very slow and low; I've made a lot of nice finds masked by all the junk. Those nice silver targets can still be 'heard' with a standard coil, but pinpointing is extremely difficult for me anyway. Fortunately for me not everyone 'wastes' their time in these trash infested ear numbing areas. Spending over two hours in the trash, I hear beeping in my sleep I call trashnitus, it's a kin to tinnitus :dontknow:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great old coin cache, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!!! I find coin purse frames often but never any coins with them. Its great to see someone find one that isn't empty!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread