Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been on a hot streak this week, added another full point…(mostly) pretty sure it’s jasper, you can see a bit of cortex on one side… not sure on type yet, base is kind of wide for the Langtry/Dickson type
IMG_3381.jpeg
IMG_3385.jpeg
IMG_3387.jpeg
IMG_3389.jpeg
IMG_3394.jpeg

Upvote 14
OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m leaning towards a rice shallow notch… always been kind of funny rice lobed is early archaic but rice shallow notch is woodland… funny I thought that spot was about hunted out, hadn’t found more than tool fragment in a year or more and back to back days produce to bigger points. This one was about as obvious as it gets
IMG_3405.jpeg
IMG_3406.jpeg

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like seeing cortex on artifacts such as this. I've got a few my self and it's a unique trait and is very interesting.

OP
OP
Older The Better

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to double check sometimes I get excited and overlook details, there is jasper in the river, probably where they got the material, look’s exactly like the picture of the material on projectile points site, I’ll double down on jasper.
IMG_3419.jpeg
IMG_3418.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3417.jpeg
IMG_3416.jpeg

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know places in the NV desert where the red and yellow jasper fist size (and up) cobbles are so common I don't bother picking them up. Awesome stone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread