Jefferson County? Visiting with my son. A little help?

Fivey

Apr 7, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Staying in Jefferson County next week with my son.
Anybody from Jefferson county here? I have no experience with Colorado but will be there next week with my son. (20 miles south of Breckenridge, Jefferson County) Does anyone have any ideas for potentilal sites there ? We saw some "Ghost town" sites but it look like it's illegal in Jefferson County. So we will bring the detectors but might not use them. He is new at this and a bit skeptical about detecting and I'd love for him to maybe have a cool find and catch the bug.

Any help or ideas would be great. Thanks!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reach out to Eureka Treasure Hunters club. Based in Jefferson County.

OP
OP
F

Fivey

Apr 7, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turns out it was Park County. Near Where South Park originated!
No luck so far.

OP
OP
F

Fivey

Apr 7, 2014
Midwest
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we all usually only report our successes, I thought I'd follow up; the trip was great but detecting didn't go that well. The area we stayed was an old mining area with plenty of places to detect, and the temptation was there, but while unmarked these are both historical sites and possibly privately owned. (you cant really tell and its so sparcely populated, short of going to the county records office who knows?) I didn't want to give all of us a bad name by being a poacher. THat limited us to permission which was tough in a desolate community. So we poked around the cabin and found a new coin and lots of junk. ...but look out next time.
Thanks to all who tried to help us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread