Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nj is one of the only places on the east coast where you have to pay to get onto a beach. Long a contentious debate as to why NJ residents who pay for the upkeep of these beaches thru taxes are then forced to pay a users fee to enjoy them.

Metal Detecting, from May thru September, along the Jersey Coast can get expensive. With the exceptions of the Wildwoods, and AC, all towns along the coast require beach tags. Most of us buy seasonal tags that run from $20 per season per town and higher. Daily tags run $8 to $15. Add in parking which ranges from $10 to $20 a day in most places and it starts to add up.

One of the problems is, no tag, no access. You might make it onto the beach, but will get thrown off if discovered without a tag. This becomes a problem if you've forgotten your tag. Which you usually aren't aware of until the beach police stop you and ask to see it. THis forces you off the beach or to buy a daily tag. A typical season will have me buy tags for three towns, along with a 1/2 dozen daily tags for forgetfulness. DAH factor tags!!!!

The towns rake in millions of dollars via beach tags.

THis could change:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/NJ_legislator_Free_beach_access_for_storm_aid.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I forgot about the flag deal but I guess you cant forget about it after the ripping you took over it. Maybe the pic was taken years ago when there were no strict limits. Why does he hate you?

Yeah, i got my butt whooped but good there!

lookindown, i appreciate that you want to help AL. Look at the fact that he's linking in 5 year old posts from sites that have nothing to do with metal detecting. You don't find that more than a little over the top? You sure you want to help this guy? You got anyone stalking you all over the net?

As for his hating me? I'm drawing breath!!!! LOL!!!!

OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Looking the picture was taken last year.
Every fish was legal. No B.S.

AL, What's that you always say?

Without a picture it didn't happen!

I'll add, a picture is worth a thousand no BS's!

Save us all some time - post the pic!

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 year 2 year. one of your buddies sent me that link!
Get your facts straight! Stop talking B.S.!
If you didn't start any crap there wouldn't be any B.S.
You give Jersey a bad name.

lookindown, i appreciate that you want to help AL. Look at the fact that he's linking in 5 year old posts from sites that have nothing to do with metal detecting. You don't find that more than a little over the top? You sure you want to help this guy? You got anyone stalking you all over the net?

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't need to prove anything to you.

Who's us??? Why do you always feel you have to talk for other
people? Who made you the mouth piece of the forum?
Go grow a set would you!

AL, What's that you always say?

Without a picture it didn't happen!

I'll add, a picture is worth a thousand no BS's!

Save us all some time - post the pic!

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you better watch your mouth , you will see over the top.

OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
AL, I've gotta go to bed so i can get up in time to stalk my neighbor's limo at 5am.

The fact that you could settle this so easily but don't? That looks fishy!!! HAHAHA!!!!!

If you ever want to go fishing on Whaler let me know . Seriously, i know you could teach me a thing or two. Always looking to learn.

Good night, I leave the last word to you.

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing to settle you know where to find that picture.
you post it.

enjoy your warm peaches and strained prunes.

AL, I've gotta go to bed so i can get up in time to stalk my neighbor's limo at 5am.

The fact that you could settle this so easily but don't? That looks fishy!!! HAHAHA!!!!!

If you ever want to go fishing on Whaler let me know . Seriously, i know you could teach me a thing or two. Always looking to learn.

Good night, I leave the last word to you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen how many times do we have to say end it? What if we just issue a 3 -6 month timeout to both...

Either end it, take it to another forum or lose this one.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a new chapter needs to be added to the popular beach detecting guides.
In additon to the towel line on dry sand and the coin line on wet sand, we now need to add the tag line which includes leaving for the beach, on the beach, in the water, and returning home.

Perhaps It is more complex than that and may require an entire guide on this one issue alone.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nothing is free anymore it seems , if your broke yer screwed no where to go , nothing to do -----in florida for the time being thank god there are still "free areas" where you can get on the beach and detect -- however some places are now charging for "parking" by the beach areas and of course you have to pay to enter the state park areas that have beach access *

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This country is almost lost. The last time we came together as a nation was WW2. Unfortunately all the folks that remember that are close to being gone. I'm 46 and cannot believe how disgustingly liberal we have gone in my lifetime. Imagine our grandparents and how they would feel. There are no real leaders because there are no real men in politics. I will be fine...it's our kids that will have to live through the worst of it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
i'm 52 and to see how left the country has swung is scary to me -- I feel for my children and grandchild

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This country is almost lost. The last time we came together as a nation was WW2. Unfortunately all the folks that remember that are close to being gone. I'm 46 and cannot believe how disgustingly liberal we have gone in my lifetime. Imagine our grandparents and how they would feel. There are no real leaders because there are no real men in politics. I will be fine...it's our kids that will have to live through the worst of it.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:

i'm 52 and to see how left the country has swung is scary to me -- I feel for my children and grandchild

It scares me as well how far left the country has swung. No morals, no remorse, and no future for our kids left. I am very scared for my eight year old son's future...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach tags in NJ have been around for more than 30 years. So take the decline of the country loser's bracket whining someplace else.

Jersey has Republican Governor who is just fine with beach fees.

The bigger issue is access.

OC seasonal beach tags $20 for the next ten days. Get'em while you can.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Beach tags in NJ have been around for more than 30 years. So take the decline of the country loser's bracket whining someplace else.

Jersey has Republican Governor who is just fine with beach fees.

The bigger issue is access.

OC seasonal beach tags $20 for the next ten days. Get'em while you can.

You gotta be kidding me... you, and all of us have been robbed by politicians and the gubbermint from what our forefathers fought and died to gain for us. Beaches are Federal property and federal property belongs to us. The government loans it over to the state or counties; to allow them to run a beach cleaner and charge us for access, and tell us we cannot go in the Federal waters. Charging for parking at a city or county or state lot is okay. but then, to charge everyone to go onto a beach that belongs to us in the first place is un-American. I have seen un-democratic government rise along the treasure coast. Since the late-60's, I would drive up there, park anywhere along the beach for free and enjoy the natural beauty--I could even camp at the Inlet for free. People came to the treasure coast, decided they could entice buyers to purchase homes on the beach and enjoy the beauty. So, they purchased the land and destroyed the beauty to build these homes. Next, these new residing beach dwellers cowered fearful in their homes realizing not only the ocean but people on the beach was an intrusion of their privacy. So, they created condo commandoes and rules and regulations and brought this and mickey mouse houses onto the beach and attempt to keep the public off so they won't fear in their cowardly ways because of a laundry list of what-if's. So, when the winds blow they convince local government to close the beach parking lot access and sometimes, close the entire island access reasoning that building a house on the coast only 100-ft from the ocean is ridiculous. So, when the wind blows, they abandon their property and run--But, what-if someone broke in after the ocean broke it open? So they use their little communistic associations to close the entire island and keep the public from a beach that belongs to us in the first place. And, don't even get me started on how a local neighborhood policeman kicked me off the federal beach by threatening to tow my car although I had permission to park on site in first place--the owner or contractors weren't their to say otherwise so I was guaranteed my car would be towed. So, I had to leave. Then, hours later I return and see many cars parked on the construction lot and I take the risk to park there again and hit the beach with my detector only to find the new, local club detecting the beach hours after I was forced to leave. Then, I see the policeman coming down the beach swinging a metal detector-- only later, discovering he is an officer in the new, local metal detecting club.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Native Floridian

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach tags in NJ are not liberals taking over and ruining the country. Beach tags in NJ started in the northern part of the state in the 1930s. Republican governments instituted them as a way to hose tourist.

Moving to more modern times, the first town on LBi to charge for beach access was Surf City. This was in 1966. Surf City was also governed by a republican mayor and council.

The handful of towns in NJ that don't charge fees are goverened by democrats.

So again the liberal rant is misguided here. Big surprise!!!! LOL!!!!

The bigger issue is beach access. With funding approved by your republican congress wealthy beachfront home owners are rebuilding their beachfront mansions and again will be putting up no trespassing signs to keep you off your beach. In the funding fight Republican Governor Chirs Christie promised that aid to rebuild would be tied to access. Now that the money is flowiing Christie has flip flopped and is letting towns and private home owners do as they please.

Whine all you like about liberals etc ruining this country. Last time I checked Republicans weren't liberal.

If there was a silver lining from Sandy, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to right this wrong. But once again our leaders have let us down. Our Republican leaders. Big money talks - the rest of us - Pay!

So what to do? Don't lose sleep over something you can't change. And, believe me, we can't change beach access or fees. Pay the man, enjoy your time on the beach. Be happy!!!!!

$20 for seasonal tag in OC.

Of course there is no charge for any of you guys who want to hang back on the boardwalk and just take pictures or something like that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen tags has nothing to do with politics, please leave politics out of it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
anyone from any political party charging "the public" to be able to access the beach for metal detecting is wrong --charging folks to "enter" the beach area for any type of recreational use --fishing , sun bathing , metal detecting is wrong * its our "federally owned" land thus it belongs to "we the people" not the states --the beach from the dunes foot to water line belong to "we the people"---- the rich have long tried to "lock out" the public from the beaches in front of their "sea side" homes and condos in efforts to have their "own" private beaches. --many lawsuits had to occur to settle the fact that its "the publics beach"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread