JESSE JAMES AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE GOLDEN CIRCLE A JOINT VENTURE

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
View attachment 1830083

There is a closeness among men who work together daily, They are even closer when they are risking their lives for a common goal, sometimes to the point of unworried bliss.

What do you think the common goal of the James Gang was? It certainly was not for personal gain if you ask me. What do you believe they were working together for before it was to stay alive?:icon_thumright:
Revenge.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I don't think the James Gang robbed for revenge or "The Cause". I think they learned a skill during the Unpleasantness between the States that they put to use because they were lazy crooks.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think the James Gang robbed for revenge or "The Cause". I think they learned a skill during the Unpleasantness between the States that they put to use because they were lazy crooks.

It seems to me that if that were true they would have had more to show for it in personal assets when Jesse retired in St. Joseph, but maybe he was just trying to be modest what do I know! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Look who's in the driver's seat leading us wherever we are going to next! It would be grand to let him feel that Hemi set him back in the seat and see the look on his face!:laughing7:

Attachments

• Jesse in driver seat.JPG
    Jesse in driver seat.JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that if that were true they would have had more to show for it in personal assets when Jesse retired in St. Joseph, but maybe he was just trying to be modest what do I know! :icon_thumleft:
If it was known where all Frank went, what he did after the acquittals, then possibly more would be understood about their brotherly joint ventures, motives, before Jesse's apparent absences.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was known where all Frank went, & what he did after the aquittals, then possibly more would be understood about their brotherly joint ventures & motives, before Jesse's (supposed) absence.

Frank moved to Oklahoma.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank & family were living in Lynchburg, Va. when Jesse was killed... then moved on to different places.

Frank James recovered one of the small treasures of gold that the James Gang hid in the Indian Territory, today is Oklahoma. I have the location where he recovered the kettle of gold. I also have where the larger cache was hidden but the landowner does not want to co-operate. I will have to find another treasure then purchase the property.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank was Jesse's brother, but I get the feeling he never trusted him any more than the other members of the gang when it came to stashing the cache. If Frank knew what Jesse knew I believe that Frank would have disappeared from history, he probably wouldn't be sticking around selling 50 cent tours at the old farm. To me, in the end, Frank James was just like this list of people who are making a living off of Jesse James's name and legend, except Frank, was at the head of the line. https://www.stltoday.com/travel/fol...cle_72f3db5c-6ad6-5c99-805a-9b8f83e5f96c.html

https://deadbutdreamin.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/frank_james_at_farm_at_age_70.jpg

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it was a small brass kettle of $6000 in gold and paper money. There are about 13 other caches some larger in the same area. That was where they kept their bank in the Indian Territory out of jurisdiction.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what doesn't make sense about Frank selling the 25 cent pebbles off of Jesse's grave etc. When multiple people with no apparent motives, claimed
it was a lot more Frank searched out & recovered, according to the observations of local country folk.

One of the real kickers, is that he missed the JACK loads clues he was casually observed to have dilligently searched for, such as the map, &
a brass kettle later found at buzzards roost,
& the other clues that went to it.
(According to the accounts,
TH stories, & interviews
presented by Steve Wilson,
in his book released in 1976,
ironically 100 yrs. after the
gangs' cache event of 1876.)

Later on after he left the area, the rock map
& other clues were found by the treasure hunter.
Carved brass kettle & contents, the March 1876
treasure pact apparently scribed by Jessie.

So the final rock clues were again overlooked,
& it was purely by accident, the pipeline workers
later dug up the large golden cache, loaded it up,
& quit their good paying jobs right on the spot.

(According to the research & pics acquired &
studied, & other clues discovered & brought
into the open by Steve Wilson & Okietreasurehunter).

Long after Frank has gone on...
People mostly know just what he'd
carefully aimed for them to believe.
Though JJ apparently didn't tell
him everything, & he obviously
didn't find all he'd sought.
... :fish::icon_sunny:
:cross:

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what doesn't make sense about Frank selling the 25 cent pebbles off of Jesse's grave etc. When multiple people with no apparent motives, claimed
it was a lot more Frank searched out & recovered, according to the observations of local country folk.

One of the real kickers, is that he missed the JACK loads clues he was casually observed to have dilligently searched for, such as the map, &
a brass kettle later found at buzzards roost,
& the other clues that went to it.
(According to the accounts,
TH stories, & interviews
presented by Steve Wilson,
in his book released in 1976,
ironically 100 yrs. after the
gangs' cache event of 1876.)

Later on after he left the area, the rock map
& other clues were found by the treasure hunter.
Carved brass kettle & contents, the March 1876
treasure pact apparently scribed by Jessie.

So the final rock clues were again overlooked,
& it was purely by accident, the pipeline workers
later dug up the large golden cache, loaded it up,
& quit their good paying jobs right on the spot.

(According to the research & pics acquired &
studied, & other clues discovered & brought
into the open by Steve Wilson & Okietreasurehunter).

Long after Frank has gone on...
People mostly know just what he'd
carefully aimed for them to believe.
Though JJ apparently didn't tell
him everything, & he obviously
didn't find all he'd sought.
... :fish::icon_sunny:

Yes but if you do further research into most of these stories they originate from one source mainly and that is from Dotson, his father and his grandfather. Further tales were spread by HBB and others. After weeding through and researching deeper, you will find that the pipeline workers that found the cache of coins were not even near "Buzzard's Roost." They were working 175 miles away. Frank found enough a few miles from the "Buzzard's Roost" to take it into a bank in Cement, Oklahoma to pay for a new house he had built for his family. Most of the other stories about the "pot" found at "Buzzard's Roost" and the "Copper Kettle" found at a worked out copper mine could have been to entice investors.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Even if many or all of the stories were discounted as simply exagerations, embellishments, half truths, or just plain fabrications. The one thing that stands out, is the evidence such as pics. The one of the rocks making the JACK clue taken atop of buzzards roost, is pretty hard to see except the way you can look at it on a computer screen & blow it up, where in a later pic of the same spot there's no big rocks where an apparent pipeline was laid, as evidenced by the oilfield holding tanks across the road. Okietreasurehunter had that old original pic in his blog, & kindly left a link to it.

The large rocks making the giant JACK sign seen much more easily from above that Jesse mentioned, did exist. Some notes on maps may have very well been messages for Frank or whoever to later see & interpret, if the worst was to happen. Such as Jesse being well aware that he could himself be killed, & much of the mastermind treasure caching info of clues be lost with him. So he apparently thought about it, with the leaving of maps & clues, some plainly hand carved in stone. And he also must have wanted someone, likely an intuitive & qualified person such as his brother Frank, to be able to recover some more of them, that were possibly more valuable and likely better hidden. Even if Frank was not present at the caching, & the clues were so remote & pretty vague to the more common man's usual way of thinking, that it would seem to take someone,
say that spent more time with him,
& more understanding to follow.
... :fish: :sunny:

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I Am Cutting In On This One!

I have not yet read the Posts on this Thread, but would like to ask a question.

I have previously posted on another Thread here at Treasure Net, my story about my Grandfather's dealings with Butch Cassidy and the Wild Bunch in Utah and when I showed this to my Niece, she stated that she has read and has in her Mom's (my sister's) procession many "Letters" written by Jesse James to my Grandmother while she lived in Utah.

I corrected her that I believed Jesse James was from Missouri and did not have much or anything to do with Utah.

It is not to say that since my Grandmother as a Mormon Pioneer was run out of Missouri to Utah...she may have met him there.

Yesterday I watched the author of the book "Rebel Gold" about the Knights of the Golden Circle, where he is talking about how Jesse James was not the Bank Robber portrayed in history but a high member of the KGC organization.

Could he have been associated with Butch Cassidy and the KGC?

It may be coincidental that since my Grandfather was associated with the Wild Bunch there may have been a connection through them and Jesse as to how he met my Grandmother?

I am requesting copies of these letters from my sister and will try to post them here.

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I Am Cutting In On This One!

I have not yet read the Posts on this Thread, but would like to ask a question.

I have previously posted on another Thread here at Treasure Net, my story about my Grandfather's dealings with Butch Cassidy and the Wild Bunch in Utah and when I showed this to my Niece, she stated that she has read and has in her Mom's (my sister's) procession many "Letters" written by Jesse James to my Grandmother while she lived in Utah.

I corrected her that I believed Jesse James was from Missouri and did not have much or anything to do with Utah.

It is not to say that since my Grandmother as a Mormon Pioneer was run out of Missouri to Utah...she may have met him there.

Yesterday I watched the author of the book "Rebel Gold" about the Knights of the Golden Circle, where he is talking about how Jesse James was not the Bank Robber portrayed in history but a high member of the KGC organization.

Could he have been associated with Butch Cassidy and the KGC?

It may be coincidental that since my Grandfather was associated with the Wild Bunch there may have been a connection through them and Jesse as to how he met my Grandmother?

I am requesting copies of these letters from my sister and will try to post them here.

A friend of mine is great-grandson to Colonel William James, served Infantry at many frontier forts (Sill, Brown-TX, Del Rio, Supply, etc ) toward the end of the 19th century and then on to the Philipines. After retiring, he founded the school system in White Bluff, TN (now William James High School). Stories of Jesse James relations are in his family too, although the genealogy research I did tracked them back to a different James ancestor (colonial VA, English). I think their claim to Jesse may be more bedtime-story than factual but their actual family history is fascinating enough.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend of mine is great-grandson to Colonel William James, served Infantry at many frontier forts (Sill, Brown-TX, Del Rio, Supply, etc ) toward the end of the 19th century and then on to the Philipines. After retiring, he founded the school system in White Bluff, TN (now William James High School). Stories of Jesse James relations are in his family too, although the genealogy research I did tracked them back to a different James ancestor (colonial VA, English). I think their claim to Jesse may be more bedtime-story than factual but their actual family history is fascinating enough.
Jesse James...A hero In folklore... with many bedtime stories past down...May just be true!

His good looks...Is someone... I could imagine...my Grandma would like to have met!
Jesse James.jpg

Last edited:

AZJV

Nov 30, 2021
Phoenix
check out this new video interview with a guy who claims to have followed mutiple KGC maps to locate a massive vault containing Aztec, Templar, Egyptian, KGC, gold treasure. Very interesting. Is it true? I don't know. Take from it what you will.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Carter at one time was a great treasure hunter. But he has did so many youtubes and videos and I believe they have finally gone to his mind or maybe drugs. I do not believe he has found anything? You do not find a kettle with 1500 gold coins and rebury it for your son to recover someday. Terry says he has not even seen his son for 8 years. Then all the treasures that mankind has looked for since the World began is found in a cavern near Springfield, Missouri. He claims 7,000 gold bars that weigh 70 pounds each or 490,000 pounds of gold that alone amounts to about $16 Billion. When the IRS comes to his door to claim the taxes on all of this, he is looking at serious jail time. The 1,500 gold coins is about $30,000 face value and worth about $6 Million Dollars. Terry says he needs money for his divorcement or custody of his son. Yet he buries the gold coins for his son to one day recover. He says he did not take anything from the three caverns but some green stones and then he says he has buried three gold bars around the lake near his home and he intends to bury one gold bar in each of the 50 States. Then the clincher, he is writing a book with clues to the gold bars. A complete SCAM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread