Jesse James treasue

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Re: Jesse James' treasue

I watched it & it was intersting, however at the end I thought it was rather strange that they were using modern track hoes, & still couldn't get deep enough to find the box. Is it not odd that Jesse could have dug a hole with a shovel where a track hoe could not dig.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think I saw this a while back and was ticked off at where the show ended. >:(

Ron P

Apr 14, 2009
Cary, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250

I bet this summer we will see the sequel. They are just trying to look for some good writers to come up with a better ending. I was disappointed myself. You mean the History channel couldn't fund a larger backhoe?

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bula said:
I watched it & it was intersting, however at the end I thought it was rather strange that they were using modern track hoes, & still couldn't get deep enough to find the box. Is it not odd that Jesse could have dug a hole with a shovel where a track hoe could not dig.
Yeah I had to throw the BS flag on that!

Wayupnorth66

Mar 26, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO

they did pull 2 nice gold coins....I liked the show! that little backhoe they had wasn't anything to brag about. Besides..who knows. back when they hid things ...all they had was time...didn't have the internet to take up their day

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The show was discussed heavily in the KGC forum..basic consensus was the "recovery" was staged.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I've seen that show three times. It still get me at the end as to why they quit. I believe I could have cut out a road down to where I could have dug deeper. Also in the show they would find detector finds, and just go off, and not dig them. This would have been the first thing I would have done. Was a good show, but was a little disapointed in some of it.

OP
OP
T

Third Wave

Aug 12, 2008

And who the heck were these guys with? They had a badge on their belt and they all carried side arms. Then when they were digging the big target at the end, they made it a point to show a guy guarding the site with a shotgun.

Also, they found more than 2 silver dollars. It turned out to be 21 silver dollars and a $5 gold and $10 gold piece.

Johnny

FrankTM

Sep 4, 2006
Illinois (Dekalb County)
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350

Yeah I believe they said something about money at the end. I find it hard to believe the History Channel wouldn't fork over some money to continue (Reminds me of Al Capone's vault). The guard was interesting maybe there were aggressive animals or something. Or maybe they were going to shoot anyone with a BS meter that got too close.

On the other hand part of me would like it to be real.

Frank

OP
OP
T

Third Wave

Aug 12, 2008

I just read for about an hour in the KGC forum on this topic. Wow...

mnlineman

Jan 1, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
T2 Ltd Sovereign GT Tigershark

Wayupnorth66 said:
they did pull 2 nice gold coins....I liked the show! that little backhoe they had wasn't anything to brag about. Besides..who knows. back when they hid things ...all they had was time...didn't have the internet to take up their day

When that guy started rubbing the dirt off that gold piece with his thumb I figured it was staged. I wouldn't treat it that way and I'm not a professional.

B

BIG61AL

the show was a fake....everything seemed fishy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread