jewelry I found in the last two months

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only been detecting again since mid-Sept, but so far I found the gold (plated) watch buried 4" deep in a sports field on campus, the gold band (14kt) 3" deep in a different sports field, the silver ring (.925 pure) 5" deep in a soccer field in the city and the class ring (10k whi gold) in the grass near the street curb in front of the second oldest building on campus.
The class ring I traced to a student here on campus (HS grad 2003) and I sent her an e-mail to pick it up at my police station.
The thin gold ring (and the silver locket) I found in the front yard of my house near the driveway about 4" deep. I thought it was junk, but when I cleaned it up it turned out to be 18kt gold with a jade setting.
The silver ring is cool (tho slightly bent) in that the setting is on a thin rod and can be flipped over to display a different setting on the opposite side of the abalone (which, of course, was missing when I found it) >:(

Attachments

• found_jewelry.JPG
    found_jewelry.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 781
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
those are some great finds! my hat is off to you for returning the class ring. ;)

R

rb

Nice finds there cybercop. You can get the bent ring fixed by your local jewler... usualy for free HH rb

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!!! Them are some great finds, WTG!!!
Awesome finds for such a short period of time...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
cybercop106

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snee said:
Two months and all that gold and silver...shame on you for not telling us where you're hunting! :)

I live in Rolla snee, you're too close to tell my secret spots to.......... ;)

Actually, they aren't secret. There's a lot of good stuff on the UMR campus. You just have to know where you can dig without permission and who to get permission from otherwise. The Regional Fairgrounds and carnival site (Lion's Club Park) are good too. So is the ball field complex at BerJuan park. Don't rush up here and find ALL "my" stuff tho............... ;D

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal

hh

lonewolfe

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Well, with me not having a detector at this point, and it getting to the end of the season. I don't think you have too much to worry about there! :) If I were you I'd check the umr soccer or football fields too...typically near the goal posts or sidelines. if people go there to play casually, and lay their stuff on the side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread