Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Gentlemen: Does anyone know the exact location of Jim Bark's Mine he had somewhere near the Salt River Box Canyon sometime in the mid to late 1890's. I believe it was in the Volcano Mining District. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
Greg,
The mine was the Big Injun in the Superstition District filed by Bark, Frank Criswell and Huse Ward. In October 1896 a California company signed an agreement with Bark to develop 5 mine claims on the upper Salt River.
Location was situated at a box canyon on the south side of the river at the edge of the water. Horse Mesa mountain loomed over the mine in a straight cliff a thousand feet high. Horse Mesa dam was about 1/2 mile down river. The mine(s) are today under water.

OP
OP
G

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg,
The mine was the Big Injun in the Superstition District filed by Bark, Frank Criswell and Huse Ward. In October 1896 a California company signed an agreement with Bark to develop 5 mine claims on the upper Salt River.
Location was situated at a box canyon on the south side of the river at the edge of the water. Horse Mesa mountain loomed over the mine in a straight cliff a thousand feet high. Horse Mesa dam was about 1/2 mile down river. The mine(s) are today under water.
Thank you Matthew Roberts for the reply. Guess all of us will have to wait until SRP decides to drain the lake for maintenance to see the mine site. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread