John Swift silver Mines.. clues to the mine...(video by James Scott)

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
I'm confused. You seem to be seeking a silver mine in a sedimentary rock known to host gas and oil. You don't have to know much geology to know a silver deposit can not exist in those circumstances,

Maybe nearby there are sedimentary rocks that host zinc and lead? (SEDEX) If so there might be a chance of silver/lead ore but not free milling silver. When searching sedimentary rocks for silver deposits you would look for dark gray galena. Silver, if any, would be combined with the galena and zinc.

Here are the known galena deposits in Kentucky along with some pictures of what to look for.

There is one known SEDEX deposit in Kentucky but the silver is only trace amounts and none of the minerals have commercial values.

Good luck
Well the rock that Swift worked fery hard and hid as much of it that he could I guess. I'll send some pic to show you. It's the darkest green rock here. And check out the pic of a hiidden chamber and look at the green looking vine. I need to know what that is because that is what was hanging around the mold that made me and my woman very sick. And then the number of rats that are coming out of the ground in fixing to be a problem.. IMG_20221107_155339702.jpg IMG_20221110_102210606_HDR.jpg

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Oh it's getting better and better! I finding evidence of something big that's dead center of my cabin. I've really enjoyed this once in a lifetime event. Make sure to view the turtle pic and zoom in on the trap under it.
Hey I've got one for you! This chamber ti now my teepee's basement. Well it sure held me up when I cut it down to grade with a Cat 311B on it. I'm telling you ol swift was a professional and very smart! Oh it's getting even better and bigger every step I take across my property. I just found out Swift has another chamber under my whole entire car port. Boy I hit the nail on the head. Lord IMG_20220919_184548712_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Hey I've got one for you! This chamber ti now my teepee's basement. Well it sure held me up when I cut it down to grade with a Cat 311B on it. I'm telling you ol swift was a professional and very smart! Oh it's getting even better and bigger every step I take across my property. I just found out Swift has another chamber under my whole entire car port. Boy I hit the nail on the head. Lord View attachment 2054712
Well Norton has a furnace right on the four lane at flag rock. . Yes big stone gap has a lot of mines from what I can see

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Well Norton has a furnace right on the four lane at flag rock. . Yes big stone gap has a lot of mines from what I can see
Ok this rock is buried all over my place and they are covered up with regular rock. This rock runs streight up at a very steep angle. There's another big line of rock that comes from hanging rock. This rock is about 7 ft thick gan is very dark green and black. The high knob is also full of how as well as the flat woods area and all through the hanging rock park. Spread the word watch out for these booby traps.

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VA geology is interesting, ancient land masses collided several times along Appalachia, gold is found Southwest of your location in NC and GA. Pine Mountain on the KY border was made from one of those collisions. Faults and layers of different types of rock tell the story of millions of years ago. He is right you won't find precious metals in sedimentary rocks, but some of the other layers under VA are not those type of rocks. If forced up from one of those collisions then you probably have something.

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
VA geology is interesting, ancient land masses collided several times along Appalachia, gold is found Southwest of your location in NC and GA. Pine Mountain on the KY border was made from one of those collisions. Faults and layers of different types of rock tell the story of millions of years ago. He is right you won't find precious metals in sedimentary rocks, but some of the other layers under VA are not those type of rocks. If forced up from one of those collisions then you probably have .

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
I think you would be correct especially under normal terrain. Well here in Dungannon got caught in a big jam between two plates. Then the buckle began which caused even more pressure which then pushed up from real deep at the bottom of the ocean. Now here our coal and rock then got turned straight up. These clifts are so rich they look like something from another planet. Wait till I show you some pics of the turbines that drove a very elaborate automatic force feeding drag chain to feed all them together at on time. The two turbines are located where the chimney Rock branch meets dry creek. There were many furnaces here. Yes it's silver and copper and a lot of it buried.

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
I think you would be correct especially under normal terrain. Well here in Dungannon got caught in a big jam between two plates. Then the buckle began which caused even more pressure which then pushed up from real deep at the bottom of the ocean. Now here our coal and rock then got turned straight up. These clifts are so rich they look like something from another planet. Wait till I show you some pics of the turbines that drove a very elaborate automatic force feeding drag chain to feed all them together at on time. The two turbines are located where the chimney Rock branch meets dry creek. There were many furnaces here. Yes it's silver and copper and a lot of it buried.
Well folks I will say this! Only in America this would happen to me! I seem to have parked my cabin dead center on furnace creek. And my back yard is a very rich mine. The center silver collector rocks are everywhere here. As the story unfolds I'm heading to get some great pics for you to see. This is just unreal. Lol

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
This pic is the bottom of the twin turbo furnace and you can see how the silver was collected so it could be molded into coins. The turtle rock in the creek is a collector rock that he left exposed to match the map. I'm so glad it has finally surfaced and now I can say thanks ! IMG_20221031_120305639.jpg IMG_20221031_120312512.jpg IMG_20221031_120337575.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221031_120906490.jpg
    IMG_20221031_120906490.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Another great day on my way up Chimney Rock Branch and I have made many deer hunting with my boys. But today I wondered what really what kind of man he was. Well I'll tell you I got to know him on this journey. Ol Swift was a super inverter and a great man. Here is some pics from today. These two rocks are both furnaces and they've got a direct tunnels that run up both sides of the creek. You will not believe the number of furnaces that are here. After the collector rocks get saturated with silver they will shine like new money when you put a spot light on it. I've found a lot at night with my light. LED works the best. Check out the 6 ft small furnace pic. This is the smallest one I've found so far. I want to thank TreasureNet for letting me share this great find with you. There will be so much yet to know about his operation but at least now we can say Wow. IMG_20221111_161101006.jpg IMG_20221111_160915959_HDR.jpg IMG_20221111_161127225.jpg IMG_20221111_161130354_HDR.jpg IMG_20221111_160732093.jpg IMG_20221111_160831436.jpg IMG_20221111_160836586.jpg IMG_20221111_160556944.jpg IMG_20221111_160645994.jpg IMG_20221111_161237803.jpg IMG_20221111_161159531.jpg

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Another great day on my way up Chimney Rock Branch and I have made many deer hunting with my boys. But today I wondered what really what kind of man he was. Well I'll tell you I got to know him on this journey. Ol Swift was a super inverter and a great man. Here is some pics from today. These two rocks are both furnaces and they've got a direct tunnels that run up both sides of the creek. You will not believe the number of furnaces that are here. After the collector rocks get saturated with silver they will shine like new money when you put a spot light on it. I've found a lot at night with my light. LED works the best. Check out the 6 ft small furnace pic. This is the smallest one I've found so far. I want to thank TreasureNet for letting me share this great find with you. There will be so much yet to know about his operation but at least now we can say Wow. View attachment 2054892 View attachment 2054893 View attachment 2054894 View attachment 2054895 View attachment 2054896 View attachment 2054897 View attachment 2054898 View attachment 2054899 View attachment 2054900 View attachment 2054901 View attachment 2054902
Well let me tell that when you've seen it all! No not with Swift because his work is the best low profile cuts on stone and wait till you see his shade work on rocks with black dyes. I thought I was loosing my mind. Then it happened! It unfolded like a castle in the woods. We will not forget this for slot more than 260 years. IMG_20221111_161101006.jpg IMG_20221111_161101006.jpg IMG_20221106_094344676_HDR.jpg IMG_20221112_105458700.jpg IMG_20221106_093531960_HDR.jpg IMG_20221112_104839290.jpg

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
If you are looking for feedback on the photos it might be best to put with them what you think they could be.
Well here is a good one for you. As you know I've been finding the saturated furnace rocks with a good spot light. So last night I noticed some rocks were reflecting all over my property. So I was trying to figure out what they were for and I just found out. Johnathan Swift adds these shaded rocks that are markers to highlight his name and work everywhere he has been. He uses these markers to mark the locations of mine entrances and he blew me away with the art work here at my place. So here's a pic of the red looking rock next to the creek. I just figured out that the colors on the rock is a painting on the rock of the work he did here. And there's more. He has put his name and trade mark here in Dungannon. His work can be seen all around the Dungannon elementary school as well as the road from Dungannon to coeburn. The holler leaving dry creek looks amazing and my brother won't know what to think when he sees it. And so Im trying to sort this all out and I'll try to get things correct but what would you do if you just found out that you own the middle mines. I think there's 3 or maybe 4 mines here. So this is where I'm at, just wondering what's on the other side of the doors. I started locating the entrances and so far the painting matches the display on the entire property. IMG_20221111_160725289.jpg IMG_20221111_160732093.jpg IMG_20221112_150531446_HDR.jpg IMG_20221111_160645994.jpg IMG_20221112_150422926.jpg IMG_20221112_075840705.jpg

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Well here is a good one for you. As you know I've been finding the saturated furnace rocks with a good spot light. So last night I noticed some rocks were reflecting all over my property. So I was trying to figure out what they were for and I just found out. Johnathan Swift adds these shaded rocks that are markers to highlight his name and work everywhere he has been. He uses these markers to mark the locations of mine entrances and he blew me away with the art work here at my place. So here's a pic of the red looking rock next to the creek. I just figured out that the colors on the rock is a painting on the rock of the work he did here. And there's more. He has put his name and trade mark here in Dungannon. His work can be seen all around the Dungannon elementary school as well as the road from Dungannon to coeburn. The holler leaving dry creek looks amazing and my brother won't know what to think when he sees it. And so Im trying to sort this all out and I'll try to get things correct but what would you do if you just found out that you own the middle mines. I think there's 3 or maybe 4 mines here. So this is where I'm at, just wondering what's on the other side of the doors. I started locating the entrances and so far the painting matches the display on the entire property. View attachment 2055062 View attachment 2055063 View attachment 2055064 View attachment 2055065 View attachment 2055066 View attachment 2055067
The shade work on the rocks is something else to see. I took this picture of the half moon clift so it's foggy but you can make out the crack on the second ledge and then look at the small hole downward to the center. You can see the image on the clift called the bell! I can't wait to see what's on hanging rock clift.
20221111_164820.jpg

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another landmark near what is called Haystack Rock is Courthouse Rock which I think has an interesting arch in it's face in the shape of a half moon. Both of these 'remarkable' rocks are within 2 miles of the mouth of Swift Camp Creek at the Red River.
th-2217774862.jpg

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When looking back down the ridge overlooking Courthouse Rock in the opposite direction, one can see Haystack Rock.
th-4214300002.jpg

These are all public domain pictures and not my own. But since I have been 15 yrs old, I have hiked and camped this area. Landmarks described in Swift Journals are here ...what has not been found here is a silver mine. Lots of caves, hundreds of rock houses and even Indian stair steps are here in KY within a dozen miles downstream from Campton 'Camp Town' on Swift Camp Creek. 99% is deposited rock and mostly sandstone.

Last edited:

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022

Sevenfeathers777

Jul 4, 2022
Well Swift was a master of changing the way you see or how something looks. And then I figured out that he even made trees and wire netting to throw me off. Yeah I've got the Swift obstacle course on the whole side of the mountain. Yes fake trees and the works . The way to the crowns is to climb high up to a tree Houston then down to the crown. Well so now there's a lot to see with a picture!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread