Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold my CZ-20 and awaiting the arrival of the Fors Core. Be here by FED X Friday..........
Looked at the Makro Racer a lot, but decided this one is the one for my needs. Beach hunting and gold field hunting.

The Fors Core works well in wet sand and fields, just get yourself a rain cover for the control box when you are at the beach in case rain gets you or salt spray. Congrats

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold my CZ-20 and awaiting the arrival of the Fors Core. Be here by FED X Friday..........

Looked at the Makro Racer a lot, but decided this one is the one for my needs. Beach hunting and gold field hunting.

Well how do you like the machine?

OP
OP
goldkey

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well how do you like the machine?

Hello Badger.....
The Fors Core is a pleasure to hunt with. 99% of the time I know what's there before I dig it.
Just got back from the beach today.....spent all morning hunting. Found one Stainless Steel wedding band with waves on it that rotate around the ring.
Found a bunch of clad, and met 2 other MD-ers' that were informative and friendly. Had a good day.
I am finding that it's not always that easy to ground balance the machine on the beach.
I am more than pleased with how it operates though. I can't think of another machine that I would trade it for......but perhaps I would like to have
an Excalibur to go in the water with.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Badger.....
The Fors Core is a pleasure to hunt with. 99% of the time I know what's there before I dig it.
Just got back from the beach today.....spent all morning hunting. Found one Stainless Steel wedding band with waves on it that rotate around the ring.
Found a bunch of clad, and met 2 other MD-ers' that were informative and friendly. Had a good day.
I am finding that it's not always that easy to ground balance the machine on the beach.
I am more than pleased with how it operates though. I can't think of another machine that I would trade it for......but perhaps I would like to have
an Excalibur to go in the water with.

If the machine was waterproof it would be almost perfect.
If you have the Fors core I know you have the beach mode but have you tried the active tracking button on the front of the box to see if it makes it steady out more? Its great that this machine has that option as a lot don't but that option can really be helpful if you are in an area that's constantly changing. I have the Fors gold not the core so I don't have the beach mode but I can turn active tracking on and tune the GB a little manually and does the same thing but I still retain the extra gold sensitivity.

OP
OP
goldkey

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the machine was waterproof it would be almost perfect.
If you have the Fors core I know you have the beach mode but have you tried the active tracking button on the front of the box to see if it makes it steady out more? Its great that this machine has that option as a lot don't but that option can really be helpful if you are in an area that's constantly changing. I have the Fors gold not the core so I don't have the beach mode but I can turn active tracking on and tune the GB a little manually and does the same thing but I still retain the extra gold sensitivity.

I do run the tracking when in that situation.
It runs very steady even when I crank up the sensitivity to 96/97. Any more than that and it starts to chatter a bit.
Perhaps Nokta will come out with a waterproof machine............that would seem to be the next logical step for progress.
I wish there was a way to hip mount the box and make it even lighter than it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread