Just a few of my better finds so far.

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20180312_180854.jpg 20180312_180306.jpg 20180312_180958.jpg 20180312_181016.jpg 20180312_181004.jpg
Just started metal detecting recently with my son. Here are a few of my better finds so far.

Upvote 6
OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, we've been doing it a few weeks. But I'm already thinking about upgrading my MD. I'm using a Technetics Delta and would like to get the T2. My son has a Garrett ace 400. Both are pretty good but I'd like to have more depth and discrimination. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
take your time

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great finds for starters, congrats! Great that you get your son out too. Wait until you get your first U.S silver or King George copper, there's no turnin back!

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the father and son bonding time! The finds are really looking good. GL & HH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't wait. I found a silver ring today. I stopped at a park on my way home from work. I wasn't even there more than 30 min.

VooDoo710

Jan 25, 2018
North East Ohio, Painesville
Detector(s) used
F44, F5, Bounty Hunter Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Stuff there ! Me and my Daughter Hunt together its awesome ( she is 9 years old and finds better stuff than i do )

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't jump at a new machine right now. A lot of very good machines will be getting sold as new ones come on the market by mid summer, no later. You're going to have a blast. And FYI, my most valuable find was made with a $329 machine!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, we've been doing it a few weeks. But I'm already thinking about upgrading my MD. I'm using a Technetics Delta and would like to get the T2. My son has a Garrett ace 400. Both are pretty good but I'd like to have more depth and discrimination. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

What a great hobby to share with your boy! I’ve been using a T2 since I started about 5 years ago. Let’s just say that machine has put some amazing finds in my collection. Whatever you purchase make sure you learn it completely. Dig every signal and really pay attention to what those signals sound like and represent. After a couple of years I fully understood what it was telling me....but don’t ever think you’ve got it mastered. That’s when you stop digging certain signals and you’re leaving something great in the dirt. One of my most special finds was a terrible signal. I’ll enjoy watching you and the boys journey

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
Have used a Bounty hunter "Lone Star," Tesoro "Cibola." I now use an XP Deus.
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
By the time you find this many shotgun caps...you will have found some AWESOME stuff! Best of luck, to you n your boy!! 20180316_133420.png

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. I just found a 3 ringer today. My first one! I'm definitely hooked now! I'll keep using the Delta for a while. I will go to the T2 in a few months. I like the feel and design of the Technetics.

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks. I just found a 3 ringer today. My first one! I'm definitely hooked now! I'll keep using the Delta for a while. I will go to the T2 in a few months. I like the feel and design of the Technetics.
I found my first mini ball (3 ringer) last month. Congrats!!
I looked, and wished for years, for one. I live in Missouri, though. You, being from Va, i am TOO jealous!! You should find a BUNCH.

Digalotajunk

Jan 4, 2018
KCMO
Detector(s) used
MI6 pinpointer
Lesche digging tool
Predator piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found my first mini ball (3 ringer) last month. Congrats!!
I looked, and wished for years, for one. I live in Missouri, though. You, being from Va, i am TOO jealous!! You should find a BUNCH. If you are looking into a detector for longevity, i would recommend you look at a Garrett AT Pro or Max or at the higher end, an XP Deus...you won't outgrow it.[ /QUOTE]

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its definitely a good state for it. I found the 3 ringer about 2 blocks from Grants headquarters and the Port at City Point where the union staged the attack on the Confederates at Petersburg.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread