Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
this is for new users to the Legend mainly

I was messing around with one of my Legend earlier setting up some custom user programs, I discovered something while setting up
tone breaks, tone break volumes and tone break pitch, mainly the tone break pitch be vary careful how low you set up the tone break pitch if set to low it can make gold jewelry sound like garbage targets, I discovered this by accident.

I was using my wedding ring which rings up TID of a very solid 17 my tone breaks in this particular custom user mode were as follows i set 4 tones, first tone break was set to 6 my volume for that first tone break was set to 3 and my tone break pitch was set to 2, my second tone break was set to 20 tone break volume was set to 4 and tone pitch was set to 4, third tone break was set to 40 tone break volume was set at 6 and the tone break pitch set to 18, tone break volume for 50-60 IDs was set at 10 and the tone pitch was set to 28

What I discovered is because my wedding ring fell into my second tone break with the tone break pitch set to 4 it made my ring sound like a garbage target which I do not want what I initially did was change my tone breaks in my second tone break to 16 which now made my ring TID ring up in the third tone break which was set at a tone break pitch of 18 my ring then rang out very clearly, I then moved my tone break for my second tone break back to 20 and started playing with the tone break pitch I left the tone break volume set at my original setting but started moving my tone break pitch up one number at a time until my ring came out nice and clear, at a tone break pitch of 12 my ring started sounding off but it was still not a good clear tone I finally ended up at a tone break pitch of 14 before my ring came in with a really clear tone, so be very careful when setting up a custom user profile or you could end up missing good targets

the purpose of this post is to inform those that may not be aware of this.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sometimes, I think I should give up detecting completely....
LOL
I get there sometimes sprailroad, you have to admit it is interesting a lot of times, it was much easier when I started back in 2009 didn't have to worry about trying to update things ourselves now everything is a handheld computer

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, I think I should give up detecting completely....
lol. You want we should take up heavy drinking instead and go looking for pink elephants?

Well, yesterday I saw a young woman beauty half my age show up at the beach along with her Mother, my age and plopped down 5 yards away while I was toiling on a difficult hit. Very conservative bikini (not her mom) and of course I worked that hole a little longer than normal. Treats like this makes this hobby that much more enjoyable.
I'm not dead yet.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol. You want we should take up heavy drinking instead and go looking for pink elephants?

Well, yesterday I saw a young woman beauty half my age show up at the beach along with her Mother, my age and plopped down 5 yards away while I was toiling on a difficult hit. Very conservative bikini (not her mom) and of course I worked that hole a little longer than normal. Treats like this makes this hobby that much more enjoyable.
I'm not dead yet.
:laughing7::icon_thumleft::notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread