Just a late 60's early 70's kind of pocket spill

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got around to checking out a piece of property tucked into an off ramp where there was a potential structure barely visible in the winter when the leaves all fall. First I went to historicaerials.com to do some time machine scouting and saw that there was a little compound there, then I went to qpublic.com and saw that it's owned by the state (not surprising considering how close it is to a highway on ramp).
I hiked in and struck out detecting outside, but I could see though a window the floor had settled and lifted up everything around the fireplace so I could get under the floor boards and away from the mosquitos. First thing I found was a wheatie and then popped out a few early memorials, nothing after '67 though. So I figure/hoped that maybe they lost some silver too. After a little while popping out more pennies I finally found a silver rosie with the worst sounding signal ever. There were pull tabs and nails absolutely everywhere but also some neat kiddie jewelry including 2 aluminum rings and a nice good luck charm.
PXL_20211023_211028898_2.jpg
All the pennies in the top row are wheats also found a holed buffalo nickel and of course the top find of the day, a 63 rosie. The little child ring is the tiniest ring I've ever found, will hardly fit over the tip of my pinky.

PXL_20211023_212211104.jpg
Also found what might be a smooth copper (large cent?) I've never found one and don't have any in my collection, its a lil bit bigger than a quarter and a lil thinner too. Anyone have any clues about what it might be?

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Upvote 15

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got around to checking out a piece of property tucked into an off ramp where there was a potential structure barely visible in the winter when the leaves all fall. First I went to historicaerials.com to do some time machine scouting and saw that there was a little compound there, then I went to qpublic.com and saw that it's owned by the state (not surprising considering how close it is to a highway on ramp).
I hiked in and struck out detecting outside, but I could see though a window the floor had settled and lifted up everything around the fireplace so I could get under the floor boards and away from the mosquitos. First thing I found was a wheatie and then popped out a few early memorials, nothing after '67 though. So I figure/hoped that maybe they lost some silver too. After a little while popping out more pennies I finally found a silver rosie with the worst sounding signal ever. There were pull tabs and nails absolutely everywhere but also some neat kiddie jewelry including 2 aluminum rings and a nice good luck charm. View attachment 1987615 All the pennies in the top row are wheats also found a holed buffalo nickel and of course the top find of the day, a 63 rosie. The little child ring is the tiniest ring I've ever found, will hardly fit over the tip of my pinky.

View attachment 1987616 Also found what might be a smooth copper (large cent?) I've never found one and don't have any in my collection, its a lil bit bigger than a quarter and a lil thinner too. Anyone have any clues about what it might be?

Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hiked in and struck out detecting outside, but I could see though a window the floor had settled and lifted up everything around the fireplace so I could get under the floor boards and away from the mosquitos. First thing I found was a wheatie and then popped out a few early memorials, nothing after '67 though. So I figure/hoped that maybe they lost some silver too. After a little while popping out more pennies I finally found a silver rosie with the worst sounding signal ever. There were pull tabs and nails absolutely everywhere but also some neat kiddie jewelry including 2 aluminum rings and a nice good luck charm. View attachment 1987615 All the pennies in the top row are wheats also found a holed buffalo nickel and of course the top find of the day, a 63 rosie. The little child ring is the tiniest ring I've ever found, will hardly fit over the tip of my pinky.

View attachment 1987616 Also found what might be a smooth copper (large cent?) I've never found one and don't have any in my collection, its a lil bit bigger than a quarter and a lil thinner too. Anyone have any clues about what it might be?

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cool finds for sure, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions