Just cant figure out what is what

Stormyrock

Dec 6, 2022
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20220510_033520.jpg
IMG_20220510_033627.jpg Screenshot_2022-06-07-20-40-35.png do you think that this is what I have found ? I have found similar ones that look to have been carved on like art. And is this a face. IMG_20221110_133557.jpg art or a toy ? Possibly

Upvote 2

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native American children's toys. I know as a kid I would sometimes play with them too - throw them at bottles on fence posts, toss into streams, hide them in snowballs in winter time to win at snowball fights (just kidding 🤣), etc.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock, but you’re on the track to learning I started out picking up a lot of rocks, eventually the differences will become more and more noticeable… sometimes you just have to think how would a person arrive at such a shape by striking off pieces of the stone and possibly abrading it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like just a rock of Limestone to me.... from a river or ocean.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also a heads up, but the whole portable rock art thing is a scam for people to sell the uneducated plain old rocks for high prices. Native americans were not "dumb primitive people" as some people like to think. If they carved something it looked like something and was obvious, not just slightly suggestive. Look up the methods that the rocks were worked, like flint knapping, or pecking and grinding. You will start to notice how things that have been worked by man leave behind evidence of the tools and techniques used to make it.

OP
OP
Stormyrock

Stormyrock

Dec 6, 2022
KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also a heads up, but the whole portable rock art thing is a scam for people to sell the uneducated plain old rocks for high prices. Native americans were not "dumb primitive people" as some people like to think. If they carved something it looked like something and was obvious, not just slightly suggestive. Look up the methods that the rocks were worked, like flint knapping, or pecking and grinding. You will start to notice how things that have been worked by man leave behind evidence of the tools and techniques used to make it.
Very helpful I appreciate the knowledge. And will keep working on it.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you said it a little better than I did… some of the forms on rock art just aren’t possible to make with ancient techniques some would be difficult even now, like the little concavities that start out narrow then get wider behind then.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Those old guys were very skilled, and didn't require the help of ancient aliens, either.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. Those old guys were very skilled, and didn't require the help of ancient aliens, either.
Reminds me of the picture showing different pyramids, around the world claiming evidence of aliens followed by the comment… or pyramids were just a really good way to stack rocks so they don’t fall down.
Ancient people were plenty smart and capable without an assist.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All are natural made by mother nature..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread