Just Curious..What Are Your Thoughts On The New Diggers Episodes

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Skinsfan

Feb 14, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is not bad...I wish they would do a little more on the equipment, permissions, tools. I know it is a short show, but it leaves the impression that you can walk onto any piece of property with any equiptment at any time. I did read an article on these guys and they were both pretty funny and did not take themsleves too seriously which was good to see.

Patfoundit

May 13, 2011
Shelbyville,KY
I'm very impressed with them so far. I agree with Skinsfan about showing a little more "behind the scenes" on how they get permission. I do believe they give everything back to the land owner. I've watches all the episodes so far and the one show that won me over was the Hatfield and McCoy show. They marked off a grid and did a great job searching. The home run was when they gave everything back to the historical society and called in the Kentucky Historical Society to do the excavating of the artifacts. Some folks think there a little childish when they find something. I can't speak for everybody but I get STOCKED when I find something that's actually a true relic artifact. I have been know to do the happy dance when I lived is South Carolina and found a Calvary buttons and a sword scabbard. I also believe we all have our own language we speak while detecting. Iv'e also been know to shout "beep,beep,cachang,cachang, whoop there it is" but i will deny that in public.:headbang:

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the realistic side, they make MD'ing look too easy. They always find good stuff. I am sure the show's producers make sure they have permissions, which I agree should be explained. I assume they make enough off the show that they can afford to give back their finds. I too would like to know more about their equipment. They should do a few minutes each show on some technical aspect of the hobby. I do not like the shot where they mount a camera on the coil looking back up at the person. Darn near makes me dizzy everytime they do it. I think they act a little goofy, but I am no longer young and full of vim and vigor. If the building catches on fire, I'll have to walk out, so running and jumping is not an option to me. I would like to see them fill in the hole after each dig. I also think the side bets are a bit stupid. Why not just who buys dinner tonight? I watch the show from time to time, but do not feel a great loss if I miss it. I wonder if they give us a good or bad name with those who do not detect. I also wonder how many people have joined the hobby after seeing the show.

Last edited:

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a chuckle out of the dude who got a hit on his metal detector and said, "I'M GOING IN!," like he was taking a big risk. :)

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the show Diggers just need to calm down a bit lol shows like American savage and swamp hunters needs to get off the air immediately.

ruru

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2013
Central New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they were too excited all the time. I really prefer just watching the digging and some info on finds. Why do they have to make it so loud and showy?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Diggers & Swamp Hunters

Diggers is more serious, even with their first timer attitudes every week.

Swamp Hunters is like Boss hogg, Enos & Rosco P. Coltrane,
playing the Three stooges Treasure Hunting

Skinsfan

Feb 14, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like Diggers & Swamp Hunters

Diggers is more serious, even with their first timer attitudes every week.

Swamp Hunters is like Boss hogg, Enos & Rosco P. Coltrane,
playing the Three stooges Treasure Hunting

Nice work getting a Dukes of Hazzard reference in there! Well played sir

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the show sucks its a waist of air time its all staged just like the rest of the shows on tv

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better, but still terrible. I don't blame these guys for making money, I dislike them for giving America the perception that me - and every other metal detector, are fraeking idiots that can't speak with a high school vocabulary. I do not like being represented by them or Randy Savage, any more than I like people comparing gold prospectors to Todd Hoffman. They laugh all the way to the bank, and the everyday hobbyist sees more areas closed to them, more public mistrust, and in the case of gold prospecting in Alaska, skyrocketing costs on equipment and claims.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish they covered more technical issues, and their sense of humor and goofiness wears thin really fast. The way they try to jazz up the hobby of metal detecting makes them look like fools. I find it hard to believe the level of enthusiasm they show after finding the simplest of items...I know it's all for the show business to get more viewers, but the show has so much potential to be really interesting. It's like Abbott and Costello go detecting.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish they covered more technical issues, and their sense of humor and goofiness wears thin really fast. The way they try to jazz up the hobby of metal detecting makes them look like fools. I find it hard to believe the level of enthusiasm they show after finding the simplest of items...I know it's all for the show business to get more viewers, but the show has so much potential to be really interesting. It's like Abbott and Costello go detecting.

John: Amazon has the episodes for online viewing. If you have Amazon prime (I do because it's a good deal for me since I order things frequently) they're free, but otherwise I think they cost $2.99.

Amazon.com: diggers: Movies & TV
The diggers show John was talking about was not at that amazon site you put up....

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The diggers show John was talking about was not at that amazon site you put up....

I'll correct it... Thanks!

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Let's look beyond our "professional" assessments of the show and it's construct, but at least consider that it does mitigate some of the negativity that some of the public may have of our sport. First, I would tell you that they are not making much from the show being aired, while they are not a long run syndication continuance will only come if it is rated highly enough. They are a long way from getting rich, rather I'm sure they love the opportunities they have presented them, as would we all. The series we aired was extremely expensive to produce and until they reach a multi-year deal, compensation is limited.

I too agree that they would be better off spending some time on technical insight rather than contests. The production crew does considerable work to gain access and line up supporting members such as archaeologists.

Overall, this is a good thing for us as it shows what we already knew, it's just for fun and doesn't hurt anyone. Support it.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wished they would've focused on civil war relics rather than Lincoln pennies why go to Gettysburg and not look for "CIV" they'd say lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wished they would've focused on civil war relics rather than Lincoln pennies why go to Gettysburg and not look for "CIV" they'd say lol

I'll bet fear of Backlash from the mainstream Archaeological community,
and the "this is sacred ground" Crybabies.

Or they had no luck on "civil war relics" but did find allot of lincolns.
so they used that theme in editing

Last edited:

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show, there antics are alright. Must think this is a family show and the young people that view it like it. Young being under 16. At least the young people are watching something entertaining and not playing play station games. Also I disagree with allot of people not liking the show. Almost seems like there is some jealousy they are finding things and not you. Bottom line they are two old boys from Montana making a living. I also agree with them showing a little about getting permission etc. according to their website states the have NatGeo get permission. These are my thoughts only.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll bet fear of Backlash from the..."this is sacred ground" Crybabies.

Sorry to disagree. That ground is hallowed. I will never apologize for a feeling of reverence at such places as Gettysburg or Shiloh. Would you be so willing to dig in the cemetery where your ancestors are buried?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to disagree. That ground is hallowed. I will never apologize for a feeling of reverence at such places as Gettysburg or Shiloh. Would you be so willing to dig in the cemetery where your ancestors are buried?

Sorry but if asked to...

Of Course ! I'd love to have something that may have been dropped by a 200 year ole relative.
& doubt if he could see me, he'd , or She'd be so stingy as to say No you can't have something I lost
when I was alive :tongue3:

and that's IF they could hear & see, Which of course they can't so
it's all just rotting metal we have no idea exists, til we dig it.

and before you ask, Yes I'd even be ok with You doing it on my ancestors grave,
if asked to or if you asked to and were given permission.

Just like a falling tree doesn't make a sound unless someone or something hears it,
a relic doesn't exist till it is in front of someones eyes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread