Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, I believe there will be more collections getting dumped at banks - at least the banks that will remain open in the coming weeks & months. At least several hundred thousand people to millions of folks will be home, not getting paid, and will have time to look for something to turn into cash. "How about grandpa's old inherited coin collection?"

I hesitated to even mention this until now because even anticipating new collection dumps reeks of selfish personal interest - and that is entirely the domain of the federal response to this health crisis. They own this. In no way do I intend to aggressively seek to personally profit from the misery of others as this country's leadership has done. My intention is to carry on, make no changes, and by staying the course, show defiance of the uncaring predatory opportunists in control.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The country is broke. Grandpas coin collection never even had a chance to cool off, the first thing to go, into the nearest Coinstar.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not worried about it. Chances are it's like the flu, there's not much you can do to stop it unless you become a hermit and live off grid.

You hit this right on the nose!

The media has created a panic over this ridiculous nonsense. It IS the flu that was modified, yes... man-made, with the HIV delivery system - NO, it's NOT HIV, it just uses the delivery system of HIV. What does this mean, it means that it will keep aggravating the virus until you have been saturated by it enough that you will have saturated immunity.

We have had the Corona virus, of different varieties, for many years and it's considered a type of Influenza - a respiratory virus infection. Very simply; if you are afraid of getting this virus then you should pump yourself full of virus fighting supplements like; Fish Oil (contains Vitamin D which is very important for immune health), Super B Complex (Immune health), and gargle with a Nano-based Silver product - Wal-Mart is now carrying a Nano-Silver base gargle which should be hitting the shelves the next scheduled product replenishment.

What about the H1N1 "Bird Flu"?? Was there a quarantine?? Did we get through it without major panic?? Was there a shortage on Paper products or Hand Sanitizer?? Was there fighting in the isles where the aforementioned products are kept?? Was it bad?? Yes, it was! Did we survive?? Yup, we sure did. Did they cancel sporting events?? THINK people!

Hand Sanitizer is good during ANY Flu situation. Use it anytime you touch paper money, coins (copper pennies actually are safe because of the Copper content - natural virus fighter), as mentioned, Touch Screens, Shopping Carts and etc. Use common sense and you will be just fine. If you do get it, and you don't already have respiratory issues, you will come through it just fine... IMO.

I've done tons of research on this but, I'm not going to post my opinion on why this virus was created, and released, because it is soooooo obvious why this has happened. Nuff said.

One last thing, NO Health Care Professional in my area is walking around wearing a Mask (because of the Corona virus - only during surgery and exams). In fact, they are saying it is not advised to wear a mask and by doing so, you are creating a shortage of masks that Surgeons and Health Care professionals need to do their job.

Again, IMO, use common sense and keep your hands clean and away from your face as much as possible. Treat it like the Flu and you will be just fine.

Man, I've wanted to post this for a very long time. Sorry for the rant but, it needed to be said.

Thanks for "bucking" up and posting your comment flinthunter! :icon_thumleft:

Just sayin'.
-DH-

Last edited:

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone taking any extra precautions against the virus goin around? Lets be honest, money is dirty. Definitely washing my hands more, but just curious. Always sorta toyed with the idea of washing the coins prior to sorting, some of these are disgusting.

Can you say "POP" - the sound of a Can of Worms being opened!

I finally got to vent / rant.

Thanks!! :) :)

Cheers.
-DH-

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to know I'm not the only one that sees through this "charade".

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not going to post my opinion on why this virus was created, and released, because it is soooooo obvious why this has happened...

i-gots-to-5b2b02.jpg

Stacker62

Feb 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a sanitizer shortage, I started using hydrogen peroxide more with clean cloth. Might consider using gloves when necessary

Just to give everyone a heads up. You can use 2/3 cup of Isopropyl Alcohol, 1/3 cup of aloe vera and make a sanitizer. If you have any essential oils, throw in 7-8 drops of orange for example or lavender. Stay safe my friends.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you say "POP" - the sound of a Can of Worms being opened!

I finally got to vent / rant.

Thanks!! :) :)

Cheers.
-DH-

Yeah, I should've known better than to hope for people to be reasonable and realize I meant within the hobby...

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dumped $1000 in halves yesterday at my credit union that uses a coinstar - free for customers. It was the first time I've seen the tellers wearing nitrile gloves. This thing may change the way we do things going forward.

Personally, I think this will likely only change how we do things temporarily. How long temporarily is I can't say at this time, but my best guess is at least into the summer months. I see one of three outcomes.

1) Most of the population will catch it and as a result the general population will generate "herd immunity". Once that happens, life will go back to normal as the virus won't be able to spread like it is right now.

2) It will be contained such that it doesn't spread anymore like some other viruses have been. I see this option as unlikely at this point as it is too widespread globally and human behavior is just too hard control on that scale. Especially being that it spreads when asymptomatic, it will be just about impossible to contain.

3) A vaccine will be created which can be applied to anyone who wants it. Unfortunately, vaccines take time to develop so until one is created parts of the population are at risk.

Ultimately, I see #3 as the final answer unless #1 gets there first.

In the mean time, I see the fear/panic mostly being a result of how the media covered the story by sensationalizing certain aspects of it while downplaying others and blatantly spreading misinformation due to partisan bias instead of just reporting the news.

Is there a risk? Yes and if you are in the high risk group or taking care of/living with others who are, you should definitely take extra precautions as there is a very real risk of being very sick or death. I don't enjoy the disruption to the state of life in the country any more than anyone else, but I do understand it and also know it too will pass.

I am not actively CRH'ing at the moment, but if I was I would stop for the foreseeable future even though I feel the actual risk from searching coins is very low, especially those that are machine wrapped and delivered via armored car as the turnaround time from getting deposited to the point you are picking them up is likely much longer than the virus will live on the coins. To me, the bigger risk is just going to the bank and interacting with the teller or touching drive thru equipment, paper money, the box the coins are in, etc. Also the teller likely is dealing with many people a day so if they catch it, they could become a super spreader.

I am not one to tell others how to live their life. Each of you know you own situation and will have to judge for yourselves what you consider an acceptable risk.

Be safe and if you choose to continue to CRH, good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions