diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't particularly care for the beach too much,but I live in S.FL.,so what is one to do?Ijust got back from 2 hrs. of detecting,found $3.87 in clad,some of the usual trash and a coin from somewhere in the Orient.It has no numbers of any kind on it,that i can decipher.It is a little larger than a nickel and a little smaller than a quarter.It appears to be copper or copper alloy.I have no idea how old it is or what country it's from.It all looks "Chinese"? to me :D.I'll post a couple of pics., maybe beekrock or someone can help me out? :)

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Looks like it may be an asian charm vs a cash coin. I spent about 30 mins searching and started to get a headache, maybe you'll have better luck:

http://www.zeno.ru/index.php

Or, just wait a bit and Buckram will probably know what it is! ;)

Nice find!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey KevFL,I found out what it is!Thanks for the link,I got lucky finding it.It's a Japanese 1 sen piece or 1/100 of a yen.The obverse says 1 sen,the reverse,flowers&great japan&Taisho 8th year.It refers to Emperor Taisho's 8th year of reign,which was 1919.It's made of bronze not copper but I can't find a value for it.I'm sure it's not much,I mean what's 1/100 of a yen anyway?THANKS AGAIN and H.H. ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread