Just got in the Bradenton Sarasota area

fortaleza

Jun 15, 2013
Northern Illinois, Fortaleza Brazil
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Ace 250, 2 Garrett Pro Pointers gotta have a backup
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hit the main beach there in Sarasota, I had great luck when I was staying there (many years ago). Resist the urge to go north to clearwater, you will likely pay more for the parking (hourly) than you'll find, and it gets hit daily by dozens of swingers.

cladpirate

Apr 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearwater has a lot more high end hotels and tourist. Much better finds to be found

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the virus and social distancing beach hunting sucks this year.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears Marc is in the St Pete area.... little North. Siesta didnt need renourished.... its got all the sand you ever need. But right now looks like an umbrella and a beer could be a better way to go. Siesta just doesnt have the toughs to produce a lot. Ive bee hunting these areas a good while now and theres just a LOT of sand.... the only movement is toward the beach or pulled into the water. Lido is an older beach.... but like most they keep putting sand on it... MOST of that sand has ended up in the water. Your best bet this time of the year isnt in the water..... its in the dry sand. So you flip a coin.... do i do popular beaches, some having beach machines and a ton of hunters or hit some public access areas. Right now ... its recent drops and a whole lot of beach rotation and a lot of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread