Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you beleive in Karma, and if so how would you define karma?

It interesting to me, because if karma exists (I think it does, depending on how "karma" is defined) then certainly there must be certain principles that govern Karma. The universe seems to be an ordlerly place.

I heard a Hindu say an interesting thing about the universe the other day- they described the universe as holographic. What they meant is that the way the universe works is much like a holographic image. If you take a hologram and cut it in half, you get two holograms, half the size of the original, and with one half the resolution. If you cut a holographic image into quarters, each of the four quarters being equal size, the pieces will retain the entire original image but at only one quarter the resolution.

There is a heck of a lot going on there. Seems to be something to it....

...what happens if you cut the universe down to the size of one individual person?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we are talking bout two different things. I meant what happens when you cut the universe up into pieces down to individual people. Look at the ways the following things seem to be arranged in the universe- you can take a galaxy and divide it into its separate systems, and our solar system looks a bit like a miniature galaxy. Then, you can take a solar system and divide it into individual planets, with each plant looking not unlike a living single cell. Then you can take the single cell and divide it into molecules, with each molecule having electrons orbiting around a nucleus, not unlike how planets orbit around a star or how stars orbit around the center of a galaxy. The universe is an astoundingly orderly place. I'm curious as to how come this order has not been codified and taught in the public schools.

There are other principles which seem to be maxims as well-

First off there are the laws of cause and effect. Every cause has an effect and every effect has a cause. Then there are laws governing motion which appears to me to mean that through the action of time motion never stops. Even a rock that we perceive as inanimate has individual electrons flying around it in seemingly random chaos. Between the two of these maxims it can be discerned that an effect cannot take place before it's causation- if you want an effect to change you must change the causation. Any attempt to change an effect without affecting the cause is quite litteraly impossible.

I'm just wondering how come they didn't teach me this in highschool. :dontknow:

ESP1776

Banned
Jun 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must smoke some really dank weed!
I'll get mine, then I'll jump in!

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." -John 16:7

Some people call is "Karma". Others call it "Energy". I call it "The Holy Spirit".

ESP1776

Banned
Jun 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call it being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
It makes me think about the story of Cain and his brother.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread