Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kentucky's new state bird; debeaked, crippled, scalded, diseased, dead chicken"

PETA Opposes Tribute to Fried Chicken

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) -- Animals rights advocates are squawking at a measure that would make fried chicken Kentucky's official picnic food.

State Rep. Charles Siler is sponsoring legislation to assign the designation to KFC's "finger lickin' good" chicken, first served by Colonel Harland Sanders in 1940.

The late colonel's fried chicken deserves the title because of the worldwide attention and economic benefit it has brought to the state, Siler said. KFC, a subsidiary of Louisville-based Yum Brands Inc., has 11,000 restaurants in more than 80 countries.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals bristles at the idea. The animal rights group claims that the chickens KFC serves are abused, even tortured.

"If the state legislature moves forward with this one, then they should change Kentucky's state bird from the cardinal to the debeaked, crippled, scalded, diseased, dead chicken," said Bruce Friedrich, PETA vice president.

PETA has been involved in a long-standing battle with KFC, and even began a push two years ago to have a bust of the bespectacled Colonel Sanders removed from the Kentucky Capitol. Sanders, with his white goatee and black string tie, became recognizable worldwide by marketing his fried chicken.

oldhermit34

Jun 21, 2007
columbus, ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 50
Re: Kentucky's new state bird; debeaked, crippled, scalded, diseased, dead chicken"

PETA needs to get with the environmentalists and help save the land for the animals they are trying to save.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Kentucky's new state bird; debeaked, crippled, scalded, diseased, dead chicken"

When I first saw your title to this thread I thought he really means Michigan. The only way to bring this state back to life would be to nuke Detroit.

Anyway, they say those "animal rights" people taste like chicken.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

i love animals.....................they`re delicious! ;D

Rubicon

Feb 9, 2007
Northeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Pro

P.E.T.A - people eating tasty animals. ;)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What I don't get is the term

"Ethical Treatment" it is not unethical to eat meat.

The day an animal can tell me "I Don't want to be eatan" Is the day I won't eat it.

And it's going to have to be done with words either spoken or Written.

And I'm not talking simple parlor Tricks like teaching a parrott
to repeat or a horse to stamp its feet to certain sounds,
fooling people to thinking it can count , care, & Reason.

K

Kentucky Kache

jeff of pa said:

The day an animal can tell me "I Don't want to be eatan" Is the day I won't eat it.

And it MUST be in English

titan

Jun 29, 2007
northwest tn.
Detector(s) used
MXT

jbot said:
jeff of pa said:

And it MUST be in English
ditto!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And I don't eat no meat --red,or white ---unless it's cooked ---I do have my standards!!! ;D

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA

mental granny said:
And I don't eat no meat --red,or white ---unless it's cooked ---I do have my standards!!! ;D

Along with a couple of buttermilk biscuits, who could resist. ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

P.E.T.A. does have a point. I mean the whole country goes around battering chicken. and beef. and veal. and pork. Oh, and fish. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread