Key West Emerald "Claim"

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Another Key West Citizen article on JTR's Emerald Claim.

According to today's newspaper article. Bruce Silverstein, Jay Miscovich's Attorney is alleged to have committed ethics violations as an Attorney, because he knew the emeralds were bought and he was also heavily invested in JTR Enterprises as was his Law Firm and he did not disclose that to investors in the the emerald "Claim". The Emerald Trial on January 13th should be interesting.

http://pdf.keysnews.com/frontpage.pdf

Two Paragraphs from today's Newspaper Article.

The Motion asks the court to force Silverstein to " Show cause why he and his Law Firm should not be held in Contempt... for litigating the fraudulent action in bad faith, by adopting tactics calculated to conceal fraud, as well as to increase the cost incurred by [ Fisher's] that stood between JTR Enterprises and a court-endorsed Fraudulent Treasure Provenance."

Fisher Lawyers also ask the Court in the motion to force Elchlepp and other JTR investors to " Show cause as to why they should not be Criminally Prosecuted."
[email protected]

Last edited:

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fisher Lawyers also ask the Court in the motion to force Elchlepp and other JTR investors to " Show cause as to why they should not be Criminally Prosecuted."
Is this is civil case or a criminal prosecution?
A civil complainant moving for their counterparty to show cause of 'innocence' in non-existing criminal matter is absurd.
As much as this turd stunk to high heaven from day 1, that's a ballsy legal maneuver that will probably get blown out of the water.

OP
OP
O

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Is this is civil case or a criminal prosecution?
A civil complainant moving for their counterparty to show cause of 'innocence' in non-existing criminal matter is absurd.
As much as this turd stunk to high heaven from day 1, that's a ballsy legal maneuver that will probably get blown out of the water.

"LM, this case will get blown out of the water."

I think this case is going to result in Criminal Prosecution. A Motion filed in Court on Nov 19th. Provides details as to were the emeralds were bought. Who bought them. There is also a deposition in which one of Jay Miscovich's employee's states that Miscovich Bragged the the Emeralds came from the Sterncastle of the Atocha.
( That is why the Fisher's got involved in this case in the first place.)

The FBI is involved in the case and has interviewed many of the players. On January 13th there is a Civil Trial in Key West. The Motion filed on Nov 19th also asks the Court to have the Defendants show cause why Criminal Charges should not be brought for Fraud and Perjury.

For some reason, I don't think the FBI thinks this case is a circle jerk or they wouldn't be investigating it.

Attachments

• AmendedSanctionsMotion-LeaveMotion.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
"LM, this case will get blown out of the water."

I think this case is going to result in Criminal Prosecution. A Motion filed in Court on Nov 19th. Provides details as to were the emeralds were bought. Who bought them. There is also a deposition in which one of Jay Miscovich's employee's states that Miscovich Bragged the the Emeralds came from the Sterncastle of the Atocha.
( That is why the Fisher's got involved in this case in the first place.)

The FBI is involved in the case and has interviewed many of the players. On January 13th there is a Civil Trial in Key West. The Motion filed on Nov 19th also asks the Court to have the Defendants show cause why Criminal Charges should not be brought for Fraud and Perjury.

For some reason, I don't think the FBI thinks this case is a circle jerk or they wouldn't be investigating it.

Well, I've read to page 80 and now I have to go out of town. I'll finish it when I return. It looks like some people are in deep **** on this one!

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think this case is going to result in Criminal Prosecution.

I agree and I think it should (presuming certain obvious facts are demonstrated obvious). You and I were a couple of the early ones on this site who didn't hesitate to call this spade a spade immediately after the 60 Minutes segment aired.

I was simply pointing out that from a tactical standpoint, its rather absurd of a civil complaintant to commingle their own case with a criminal complaint that has yet to be filed.

"The civil suit" is usually best reserved until after the criminal case (since 99% of the dirty work is already done and you'll have no problem convincing a jury you're credibly aggrieved after that person has been criminally convicted for the same thing) or after prosecutors indicate there won't be a criminal case and you're on your own.

Unless they had specific, time sensitive concerns about asset restructuring on the part of the defendant (is there even any meat on the bone there?), they probably jumped the gun by filing civilly now when a criminal case seems so likely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread