Kind of an interesting find

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two pieces next to each other.
The scraper looking thing is quartz which is a bit rare here.
The other piece I about tossed aside until I looked closer. The edge is worked, it's a funky sort of semi-uniface knife. Not sure the material, as it's also not something I have seen here.

IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds, should be a smoker hiding around there somewhere.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quartz and what looks like Limestone or a real low grade chert. both might be points by the way you scraper looks of have slight notches even though it doesnt have a stem. Maybe that is the material you need to be looking for.

OP
OP
crj1968

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quartz and what looks like Limestone or a real low grade chert. both might be points by the way you scraper looks of have slight notches even though it doesnt have a stem. Maybe that is the material you need to be looking for.

Both are pretty thick on the non worked edge...other than that I agree the quartz one looks almost like a point. It's got an obvious bevel on the edge. Worked in a different way for sure, not flaked but more like ground down.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The thing on the bottom could be a projectile point. Its definitely worked and Ive seen some pretty crude ones before.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff!! The bottom one is a point of some kind? Not everyone was good at making points. Could have been made in a hurry for the next days hunt?

OP
OP
crj1968

crj1968

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly but it's like 1/4" thick on the top side....I suppose it would do the job though. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread