🥇 BANNER King James Hammered Silver Sixpence

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
I ventured back to the area I found the King James Hammered penny and about 100 feet away I found a King James hammered silver sixpence. I could not believe my eyes! I continued on to find a US plate, civil war bullets, a pommel and much more. Check out the video here

Attachments

• 1606 King James Back.jpg
    1606 King James Back.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 556
  • 1606 King James Front.jpg
    1606 King James Front.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 75

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful and rare coin!!! This is the year (1606) the settlers that landed at Jamestown left England on the The Susan Constant, Godspeed and Discovery!!!

THE VERY FIRST COIN TO BE USED IN JAMESTOWN BY SMITH HIMSELF, TO SECURE SOME MUCH NEEDED POWDER FOR HIS FLINTLOCK FROM ONE OF HIS FELLOW FOUNDERS WHOM WAS NOT AS FOND OF TRAPSING THROUGH THE WILDERNESS AS GOOD OL'E COURAGEOUS JOHN ( IT'S POSSIBLE... IT'S POSSIBLE... ). THE POWDER HOWEVER EVENTUALLY CAUSED JOHN AN ACCIDENT THAT SENT HIM BACK TO ENGLAND FOR TREATMENT IN 1609.
THIS PIECE IS VERY INTRIGUING DUE TO ITS DATE- 1606, WHICH IS THE DATE (DEC, 20TH 1606)THE BRAVE CREW MENTIONED ABOVE DEPARTED ENGLAND FOR WHAT THEY WERE TO CALL NEW ENGLAND AND TO FOUND ITS FIRST ENGLISH/AMERICAN TOWN SHIP KNOWN AS JAMESTOWN. Your plate is a US cartridge box plate. Days like that do not happen very often. You have had one hell of a year. Congrats!!! Devonrex

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox (coming!), Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics G2, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Not in my pouch! (lol)I have never found one!
You're really having fun, congrats on the latest silver. Great looking buckle you got on the slow morning of detecting.

OP
OP
G

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks man! Little research and a lot of luck!
Beautiful and rare coin!!! This is the year (1606) the settlers that landed at Jamestown left England on the The Susan Constant, Godspeed and Discovery!!!

THE VERY FIRST COIN TO BE USED IN JAMESTOWN BY SMITH HIMSELF, TO SECURE SOME MUCH NEEDED POWDER FOR HIS FLINTLOCK FROM ONE OF HIS FELLOW FOUNDERS WHOM WAS NOT AS FOND OF TRAPSING THROUGH THE WILDERNESS AS GOOD OL'E COURAGEOUS JOHN ( IT'S POSSIBLE... IT'S POSSIBLE... ). THE POWDER HOWEVER EVENTUALLY CAUSED JOHN AN ACCIDENT THAT SENT HIM BACK TO ENGLAND FOR TREATMENT IN 1609.
THIS PIECE IS VERY INTRIGUING DUE TO ITS DATE- 1606, WHICH IS THE DATE (DEC, 20TH 1606)THE BRAVE CREW MENTIONED ABOVE DEPARTED ENGLAND FOR WHAT THEY WERE TO CALL NEW ENGLAND AND TO FOUND ITS FIRST ENGLISH/AMERICAN TOWN SHIP KNOWN AS JAMESTOWN. Your plate is a US cartridge box plate. Days like that do not happen very often. You have had one hell of a year. Congrats!!! Devonrex

OP
OP
G

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
G

gigmaster

Mar 16, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't worry I'm looking! (lol)
Sweet digs. Love those hammered coins. If you found 2 coins in that area, chances are good there may be more. Good luck.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do look hammered.that would be awesome be hammered and get a hammered!!! Ive come close and found a hammer!!! Sweet find that's what its all about Amazing I like to see this happen to one of us..Thanks for sharing it.......,

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do look hammered.that would be awesome be hammered and get a hammered!!! Ive come close and found a hammer!!! Sweet find that's what its all about Amazing I like to see this happen to one of us..Thanks for sharing it.......,

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gig I have to tell you....I have a strong dislike for videos....but I truly enjoy yours. Not sure what it is. But you are just an average guy out working hard to make some finds. Not a bunch of hype and music and craziness. Keep doing what you do brother. I'm a fan. That's a BANNER easily

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats. You just don’t see hammered silver... ever, and you got two in a row.

The CW stuff by itself is sweet, then you throw in the coin. I don’t know what to say. Wow.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote Banner also... My turn next

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Gig I have to tell you....I have a strong dislike for videos....but I truly enjoy yours. Not sure what it is. But you are just an average guy out working hard to make some finds. Not a bunch of hype and music and craziness. Keep doing what you do brother. I'm a fan. That's a BANNER easily

Gotta agree with you Abe, something about Gigs genuine excitement and enthusiasm is infectious. Makes you want to hang out with him.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Gig; I'm just North of you on the Eastern Shore, and that's not only a very cool find, but with the video, which shows a pure fun of the hunt and discovery, a Banner find in my book.
My vote is in! Congrats, and let's see what else pops out! HH!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic find :notworthy:

I vote Banner!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds with the hammered English Gigmofo...ah hem, I meant Gigmaster. I like to see you out there enjoying the hunt for the pure sake of enjoying the hunt. There’s a lot of bullshit videos out there, but it’s the simple ones I like the most. You’re out there to smiling to yourself instead of trying to get Instagram followers. Cheers bruddah!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome coin. I have been shocked at the hammered (including Spanish) that have been found this year. Lots of them, all over, too. Not too many English however.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread