mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
ok, long story somewhat short. I took care of a friends cat after there house burned down. after they found another home & took the cat, I decided I wanted a kitten to keep me company. my daughter is gonna be gone for a mth & asked me to wait til she gets back so she could choose w/ me. so last night during one of the most intense thunderstorms yet, & a downpour, I go out to feed the dogs & hear this pitiful screaming. I thought it was a squirrel that was hurt. went to the road to see if I could find it. pitch black, pouring & thunder right on top of me. I brave the snakes & go into the underbrush & find this little kitten! probably 5 wks old.someone had dropped him off. I actually saw a car stop earlier, but since I didn't hear the dogs bark thought nothin of it. didn't know a kitten could produce such noises!! I brought him in, gave him a bath, & he has taken over the house!! he is still scared, & decided my lap is the safest place to be. anyways, I think I better be careful about what I ask for next time! never know what will appear!

Attachments

• Sy 011e.jpg
    Sy 011e.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 265
  • Sy 006e.jpg
    Sy 006e.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Sy 010e.jpg
    Sy 010e.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 273
F

Felinepeachy

OMG, some people are just cruel, no way around that, but thank goodness you heard it crying for help. Congratulations on a most precious find! :notworthy: :hello2:

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
yup, some people are cruel! & yes he is a beauty! those blue eyes are amazing! wanted to name him Sinatra, but my daughter says it's too long. I have always heard siamese are very challenging, & so far, I believe it! he is more stubborn than both my daughters together!

F

Felinepeachy

mamabear said:
yup, some people are cruel! & yes he is a beauty! those blue eyes are amazing! wanted to name him Sinatra, but my daughter says it's too long. I have always heard siamese are very challenging, & so far, I believe it! he is more stubborn than both my daughters together!

Well you could always call him Frankie :tongue3:

F

Felinepeachy

Also, I would keep an eye out for any others that may have been dumped with him.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
He knows he has a good home now! Yes, please, look for others out there.

HH

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Franky was my next choice, but am undecided. I have been out looking, & listening for any more that might have been dumped, but so far none thank goodness.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best cats are the ones that either find you, or choose you. :icon_thumleft: That cat will be very appreciative in being saved.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
What a lovely Siamese kitten, they have lovely blue eyes, they also have a meow that can sound like a baby crying. Glad you found him tho.

U.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your find. :icon_thumright:

Cute kitten. Amazing the sound that can come out them at that size.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
MamaBear, you've done a very cool thing & that cat will never forget it! We've had a crazy Siamese for 5 years, she adopted us the day we moved to Idaho. She was about the same size/age as yours, found out she went to everyone of our nieghbors, moved in for a few days then moved on to the next til she met us & stayed. Siamese are a bit highly strung, very inquisitive & curious, somewhat fearless (which sometimes gets em into trouble) very vocal AND extremely loyal. I'd be willing to bet that you & this cat will be very close! :icon_thumleft:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hes adorable..I am so thrilled you saved that poor lil cutie... How about the name Thunder?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What a beautiful kitten!!! You two were meant to be! It's almost like those 'cruel' people were meant to drop "Stormy" off at your place!

Congrats and wishing you both many wonderful years together!
Annmarie

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
What an adorable little siamese. I remember how our siamese used to wail. We found her trapped and abandoned. She sure knew how to get attention. What a love...

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww, I wish I lived closer to you I would take it in a heartbeat. I love Siamese...I miss all the ones I had in the past and yes, I loved that "yow".

:wink: RR

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe people aren't always cruel.

That looks like an expensive kitty. My sister paid almost 500 bucks for one that looked like that.

Of course, there ARE cruel people.

While mowing the lawn, I kept hearing a weird noise. We found 5 kittens in the tall grass (it keeps raining and growing the grass - fast). Two tortoise shell, 2 orange and one black kitten. We set up one of the big dog carriers, put in a flannel shirt, and some kitty litter, and food and water, and put it in the yard. About 3 hours later, they were just a hollering. Voila! Mommy came running to get them. So, we got her, too.

Too young to wean yet, we have had them for almost 3 weeks, give or take, and they are all litter trained and eating on their own. I get in touch with the local shelter. Yes, we will take them, all you have to do is sign this paper that we can euthanize them in 24 hours - huh? They are not feral (anymore), and they love people, and they are about 6 weeks old. Kill them in 24 hours?????

So, now I have flyers up all over the place and contacted several foster homes. The local humane officer made me an official "foster parent", because there is more animals then we are allowed to have, unless I'm a foster person.

So- even though we have had people over to look at them - we still have 5 kittens and 1 mommy cat. (though the town has offered to pay for them to be spayed and neutered - the vet wants them 2 weeks older than they are right now).

But, I have found out that the mommy kitty was owned by a neighbor, about a block away, who moved away a couple of months ago and thoughtfully, left her cats here.

Beth

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should name him "Stormy"
You did good.
Really Good.
Banner Good.
Carl

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
That is an adorable little kitty !! I love cats !! I have three, Uhm, make that two and a half. Hopefully, your better half won't get mad at you and decide that he/she will not take the family cat to the vet because of spite !! My favorite cat that I have raised from a kitten, which I found in the middle of the road fixing to get smushed by a car, is really sick and I don't think he is gonna make it through the night. I am sad. I have had this cat for about 7 years now.

Anyway, beautiful kitty you got there !!

I'm sorry to hear that. I just shot up one of my cats whose diabetic. He eats better than me, and I've spent more on this guy than most of my girlfriends.
Happily, I might add.
Good luck with the little guy.
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread