KKMOON - PI-iking 750 1st Impression

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am headed on a Caribbean Vacation and have thought about this several times but never pulled the trigger. I want to find a handheld detector that was waterproof I could snorkel the shallows with at a resort where people go on Honeymoons to and promptly lose there wedding bands?

I have been on Treasure Products site and thought and saw the VibraTector 730 then.. saw this KKMOON PI-iking 750... looked identical along with another company selling the identical item under a different name but much less $$. This was confirmed when I looked at the instructions.
I have read about leaking issues which has got to come from not tightening the end knob securely. I found just messing with this at the kitchen table it came loose! Something to keep an eye on but I took it one step further and used 3M 5300 on the two joints (see pics). The coil looks solid and is filled with clear potting adhesive, if it gets too scratched up I may coat it with some Epoxy for extra protection.

I leave later this week.

If I have any luck or no luck at all, or if it fails quickly I will post results.

Just came across the comparison of this machine to the Scuba Tector on You Tube and found the results of his tests bogus. This solidly detects my wedding band on my finger with the coil not touching my finger, about 4”. My batteries all slide in and out effortlessly. Furthermore, can’t tell you how many times I read Pulse machines do not air test very well. I guess consider what the person is trying to sell. I don’t sell any metal detectors.

01BCCB5A-7C15-484B-8475-F7EF9DB437C4.jpeg 6F0E4298-C279-4D53-B995-7F2ADB235862.jpeg 1E3666DA-F9D9-45DB-8E04-2091D7726627.jpeg EA6FF028-2284-4B6D-B163-254D85AA667C.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Update: First day the machine worked very well. No issues with leaking. I only hunted for about 15minutes C3FE7B42-183A-4213-9797-1AB423D200FB.jpeg but found 1penny, 1 coin-like item extremely covered in corrosion, 1 nail/screw, and of course a Bobby pin. No issues with falsing.
I did find 2 large Cables that ran over to another part of the resort that were either water or power. They didn’t seem to effect the operation.

OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The third day here there was an unusually high tide. It took a lot of sand off the beach into the water.
I hunted where I thought the sand was removed from and was rewarded with this INOX 316 Stainless Eternity Band (not much of a reward) only a couple other pieces of trash. Only hunted about an hour today.

. 24465F18-A8CB-409F-9A50-EDC0A79AC8DA.jpeg

Last edited:

asterix92

Jan 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am headed on a Caribbean Vacation and have thought about this several times but never pulled the trigger. I want to find a handheld detector that was waterproof I could snorkel the shallows with at a resort where people go on Honeymoons to and promptly lose there wedding bands?

I have been on Treasure Products site and thought and saw the VibraTector 730 then.. saw this KKMOON PI-iking 750... looked identical along with another company selling the identical item under a different name but much less $$. This was confirmed when I looked at the instructions.
I have read about leaking issues which has got to come from not tightening the end knob securely. I found just messing with this at the kitchen table it came loose! Something to keep an eye on but I took it one step further and used 3M 5300 on the two joints (see pics). The coil looks solid and is filled with clear potting adhesive, if it gets too scratched up I may coat it with some Epoxy for extra protection.

I leave later this week.

If I have any luck or no luck at all, or if it fails quickly I will post results.

Just came across the comparison of this machine to the Scuba Tector on You Tube and found the results of his tests bogus. This solidly detects my wedding band on my finger with the coil not touching my finger, about 4”. My batteries all slide in and out effortlessly. Furthermore, can’t tell you how many times I read Pulse machines do not air test very well. I guess consider what the person is trying to sell. I don’t sell any metal detectors.

View attachment 1539547 View attachment 1539548 View attachment 1539544 View attachment 1539549

Hello John ,
Does the product still work? I am intrested to buy the same unit. There are many negative comments about this products and i am not sure about it.
I want to use it in shallow salty water
Thanks

asterix92

Jan 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I leave later this week.

View attachment 1539547 View attachment 1539548 View attachment 1539544 View attachment 1539549

Hello John ,
Does the product still work? I am intrested to buy the same unit. There are many negative comments about this products and i am not sure about it.
I want to use it in shallow salty water
Thanks

OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Unfortunately, the unit failed before my trip was completed.
sorryforthe late reply..
Disappointing but I had a good time trying it out.

I am headed to the Bahamas with my Garrett AT Pro that I shortened to use without headphones while snorkeling and wading on the beach. Garrett was so kind as to send me the cap for the Headphone jack.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this one (craigslist)as a back up fo my Deteknix Scubatector. The Deteknix doesithe job much better but broke down 2 years in a row. The first time at the end of my vacation and last year already after 2 days.

B.Scott

Jan 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read this thread and bought one on Ali-Express. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I immediately saw the problem with this detector.
There are two main issues I found:

1. There appear to be two separate models of the rear seal for the battery compartment. The older model is poorly designed and will leak.
2. The little motor that powers the vibrator will often shake itself loose from the circuit board.

The older model seal has a short bolt that doesn't do much to stop water from entering the battery compartment. It can be improved very cheaply with a bolt, a stainless steel washer, a faucet seal and a bit of epoxy
IMG_0057.JPG
The newer model seal appears to have a wedge and possibly an O-ring. I have yet to see one in person. I have only seen a vague picture on the website at this point.
rear-seal-modern.jpg

The vibrator can be ordered online and if you know your way around a soldering iron, it can easily be replaced. I have seen it done on a Russian Youtube video though I don't know how he removes the internal rubber separator between the battery and the circuit board. Perhaps he says so verbally but I sadly don't speak the lingo.

I have made two Youtube videos about the Iking. The first one shows how to improve the older model seal. The second tests how sensitive it is under(salt)water. I plan to make a third video in 3 weeks showing it in actual use.

http://youtu.be/AnXiz1xuksk?list=PLK9ap-wgFiPFqF-Yq3qFqqlYM4-0BQJtK

Last edited:
May 10, 2021
Liverpool
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro, Garrett Ace, Dr Otech, Pi-iking 750
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read this thread and bought one on Ali-Express. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I immediately saw the problem with this detector.
There are two main issues I found:

1. There appear to be two separate models of the rear seal for the battery compartment. The older model is poorly designed and will leak.
2. The little motor that powers the vibrator will often shake itself loose from the circuit board.

The older model seal has a short bolt that doesn't do much to stop water from entering the battery compartment. It can be improved very cheaply with a bolt, a stainless steel washer, a faucet seal and a bit of epoxy
View attachment 1788292
The newer model seal appears to have a wedge and possibly an O-ring. I have yet to see one in person. I have only seen a vague picture on the website at this point.
View attachment 1788118

The vibrator can be ordered online and if you know your way around a soldering iron, it can easily be replaced. I have seen it done on a Russian Youtube video though I don't know how he removes the internal rubber separator between the battery and the circuit board. Perhaps he says so verbally but I sadly don't speak the lingo.

I have made two Youtube videos about the Iking. The first one shows how to improve the older model seal. The second tests how sensitive it is under(salt)water. I plan to make a third video in 3 weeks showing it in actual use.

http://youtu.be/AnXiz1xuksk?list=PLK9ap-wgFiPFqF-Yq3qFqqlYM4-0BQJtK

Yes I received the new version. The steel washers are bigger and the bolt is longer. There is also a rubber washer
20210510_172613.jpg
20210510_172641.jpg
20210510_172749.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread