1.7 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 9

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool making a handle would be easy I have made handles for some knives I have found.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to make a handle but I contacted knives of alaska and they said they have a lifetime warranty. Send us the knife and we will put a new handle on it free of charge!!
That is cool.

OP
OP
F

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually own one of those ww2 bolo and the blade design is identical, but way smaller. Also the handle on the cleaver is at an angle where as the bolo handle is straight to the blade.

Dugk44

Greenie
Oct 26, 2020
Connecticut (NW)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting old campsite, found a bunch of old metal cans/junk and this. Im going to get a handle and a sheath for it. It's not valuable, knives of alaska brown bear cleaver. I've been cleaning and sharpening it.
$165 value, seems valuable to me... good find! I'd be stoked, especially after knowing they are replacing the handle/knife.

OP
OP
F

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$165 value, seems valuable to me... good find! I'd be stoked, especially after knowing they are replacing the handle/knife.
I am stoked about it, honestly I was surprised about their warranty. I'd have to say it's one of the better things my metal detector has found. It cleaned up nice and took a nice edge, I quit sharpening it, don't want to risk it cutting through the packaging when I mail it. Yes, it was getting that sharp.

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice very sharp find.
Get it ? LOL

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting old campsite, found a bunch of old metal cans/junk and this. Im going to get a handle and a sheath for it. It's not valuable, knives of alaska brown bear cleaver. I've been cleaning and sharpening it.
thats good that you can redo it and make it useful again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread