May 25, 2014
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Forum,

I found this knife at an old homestead. Can anyone help to identify it? It was found near a general service military button. This made me wonder if it was military. If there are any knife experts out there I would love to know if you could give me any clues. Hunting knife, military, fishing, defense? Thanks for looking!
Knives are what I do for a living, but I don't recognize that one right off. I am guessing a thin blade <1/8" thick, of uniform thickness -- factory blanked. Not an American pattern that I recognize, but the fish scaler is a good sign of what it was intended for. My guess is Japanese made, inexpensive, 1950s-1970s.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Forum,

I found this knife at an old homestead. Can anyone help to identify it? It was found near a general service military button. This made me wonder if it was military. If there are any knife experts out there I would love to know if you could give me any clues. Hunting knife, military, fishing, defense? Thanks for looking!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you can get it back to a serviceable knife, It desreves a little love with some new handles. I found a blade in that kind of condition and put some new handles on it and got a sheath kit at Hobby Lobby and gave it to my nephew as a gift He loved it.

OP
OP
Cantstopdigging

Cantstopdigging

Sep 9, 2016
NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for looking! I will post a picture of the refurbished knife.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread