Kudzu garage

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
Found this old Garage about 200 yards away from a main road, you would never know its there because of the kudzu forest that surrounds it. backed up to a deep creek bed, I found this marble? around some trash from the 50's?
47b7cf09b3127cceb1c66e1af27d00000026108AbtWrJk5YtW

47b7cf09b3127cceb1c66ec3739400000026108AbtWrJk5YtW
47b7cf09b3127cceb1c0fd0b731400000026108AbtWrJk5YtW

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate kudzu. >:( Lots of it around here too. :-X That's a GREAT marble though!! :o

Congrats! Nana :)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh neat...are ya going back, heck yea, do it...

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iam from California whats kudzu ???

OP
OP
carpetbagger

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
aa battery said:
Iam from California whats kudzu ???
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.yahoolavista.com/kudzu/images/cabin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.yahoolavista.com/kudzu/&h=176&w=233&sz=10&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=0cGvt0Hr08btWM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=109&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkudzu%2Bvine%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

nasty stuff, I am originally from Buffalo NY and never heard of till I moved to the Carolinas.

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
Take your weed wacker with you next time and go at it. There must be plenty of stuff there just waiting to be found.

RevJoel

Mar 1, 2006
Central SC
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Deep Seeker
A weed whacker! Kudzu gonna laugh at that!!!. Kudzu grows so fast that you need to oil the bottom of the leaves so they won't burn when they grow across the road. Really though, if you have a winter cold enough and long enough Kudzu is a pretty good cover crop that cattle will eat. It should never have been planted below the Mason Dixon Line.

OP
OP
carpetbagger

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Palmetto Digger said:
Lots of great places to hunt around your way. Looks like you're finding them.

PD
thanks PD, but I'm just getting started. It seems very hard to find someone to go hunting with you and give up their spots after all their work in research, so I'm trying to get some spots in my back pocket to kind of trade off with other MD'rs. Dont get me wrong love the hobby but it gets a little boring sometimes going alone.

OP
OP
carpetbagger

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
duffytrash said:
nice marble... looks to be stone.. maybe flint...is it cold when you touch it to your lip????
Don't know hang on........ Yea It's cold and irregular shaped-not perfectly round

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana40 said:
I hate kudzu. >:( Lots of it around here too. :-X That's a GREAT marble though!! :o

Yep, being from SouthWest Georgia originally, I KNOW about the Kudzu too Nana and you are right WE HAVE IT ALL OVER THE PLACE DOWN THERE. It grows all over the pine trees, houses, shacks, etc. We have "Kudzu Jungles" in places! :)

S

stefen

duffytrash said:
nice marble... looks to be stone.. maybe flint...is it cold when you touch it to your lip????

Gads!

You don't know where that marble has been...may have snake pee on it or something worse.

OP
OP
carpetbagger

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Nana40 said:

Thanks nana, have no clue about it or its age just looks old. That stuff should have never been brought here from china or where-ever.

OP
OP
carpetbagger

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
stefen said:
duffytrash said:

Gads!

You don't know where that marble has been...may have snake pee on it or something worse.
Thanks for that mental picture, I'll be back after I clean my lips with steel wool

S

stefen

Here, let me loan you my lip cleaner ;D

Attachments

• GO-FOR-IT, BIG BOY.jpg
    GO-FOR-IT, BIG BOY.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 263
  • GO-FOR-IT, BIG BOY.jpg
    GO-FOR-IT, BIG BOY.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 253

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread