Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So out there in the field this morning and I got several hits with my metal detector. I switched to pinpoint mode on the detector and got a good ideas of where the items where.

With the several hits I got and then pinpointing them with the detector I then used the

kuman metal detector pinpointer to pinpoint even further before retrieving the target.​

When putting the Kuman to the ground it could only detect maybe my 30% of them.

I don’t know about anyone else who has used this product but I think that’s disappointing.
I would think I should be able to get a better pinpoint percentage than that?

Is this normal or is this Kuman pinpointer not the best?

Thanks for any feedback đź‘Ť

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So out there in the field this morning and I got several hits with my metal detector. I switched to pinpoint mode on the detector and got a good ideas of where the items where.

With the several hits I got and then pinpointing them with the detector I then used the

kuman metal detector pinpointer to pinpoint even further before retrieving the target.​

When putting the Kuman to the ground it could only detect maybe my 30% of them.

I don’t know about anyone else who has used this product but I think that’s disappointing.
I would think I should be able to get a better pinpoint percentage than that?

Is this normal or is this Kuman pinpointer not the best?

Thanks for any feedback đź‘Ť
I bought one from amazon and had the same results. Sent it back for a full refund.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
It's farcical to think a pinpointer under $30 would be satisfactory using it as you described (narrowing down un-dug targets), especially for coin sized objects. After all these PPs tend to have a range no more than 1.5 inches.

These type of PPs are good for a tight budget, and one that is willing to accept their limitations over a PP costing at least three times as much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread