L rods and electrical tape!

silverhunter/dowser

Oct 5, 2004
columbia sc
Hey guys i was on line last night reading up on diff. methods of dowsing and i came across a guy that sed that if u rap E tape around the long portion of your rods execpt for an inch or so of the tip it will make them more sensitave. I expirimented with this on some silver coins and it seimed to work and pinpoint them quicker ad more acuratly.HH

J

JBlack

silverhunter said:
Hey guys i was on line last night reading up on diff. methods of dowsing and i came across a guy that sed that if u rap E tape around the long portion of your rods execpt for an inch or so of the tip it will make them more sensitave. I expirimented with this on some silver coins and it seimed to work and pinpoint them quicker ad more acuratly.HH?

Did your test include silver coins that were in plain sight?

J

JBlack

goldvein said:
Yes, I have heard it helps keep static electricity away. ANother thing you can try is to cover the rods and handle with that anti-static wrap that computer equipment comes in. Some people ground their rods before each sweep/search. Others use a copper wire that wraps around their ankle and then underneath their shoe.?

...helps keep static electricity away??????? That's most interesting, since other dowsers claim that "static electricity" is what powers their dowsing rods.

Wonder why static electricity would be shunned by some dowsers, and embraced by others? Care to guess, Mike?

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
My exfather inlaw drilled water wells back in the years and he used L rods to witch for shallow water it seemed to work we always hit water, the water table around my area runs from 450 to 750 feet he would find water from 150 to 250 for shallow wells, my dad witched his well with a peach limb its 150 good water Ive heard you can cut the end of the peach limb and insert a silver coin or gold coin and find silver or gold whatever you put into the limb, Ive never tried

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys i was on line last night reading up on diff. methods of dowsing and i came across a guy that sed that if u rap E tape around the long portion of your rods execpt for an inch or so of the tip it will make them more sensitave. I expirimented with this on some silver coins and it seimed to work and pinpoint them quicker ad more acuratly.HH
I know this old, but if you substitute Raychem RNF100 shrink tubing for tape it's lighter and your rods will be more responsive.

Shortrib

Greenie
Aug 28, 2022
This is true learned this trick years ago. Thanks shortribs

Shortrib

Greenie
Aug 28, 2022
U can also use a plastic straw,that's what I use when in the brush.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U can also use a plastic straw,that's what I use when in the brush.
Back in the 1900’s Claude Cochran told me a little about static. He said wear rubber gloves and keep your hands farther apart. Others like Fitzgerald say to ground your hands for several seconds before each pass with the L-rods. Others use a grounding rod just carry it with them. Static electricity is mostly during dry air (lower humidity). But it also can depend on the ground. Each footstep on quartz sand has a piezo effect—literally an electric pulse with each footstep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread