Labor Day Gold & Silver

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LD!.jpg

I was scuba diving yesterday on an old bathing/boating area with an old pier (just pilings now). I was in the shallow saltwater for just over 4 hours While my crew (wife) observed from the boat. Visibility was never more than 18 inches and the water was warm. The first ring on the left is very is very heavily plated and you might be able to see the gold pealing off. The second ring in the center is a solid school ring marked 14k and has initials engraved on the inside. There is a school in Newark New Jersey that it may have been from, the date is 1935 and it fits one of my fingers, must've been a well fed kid ! The last ring was plated at one time but all the gold is gone. The water was so murky I thought all three were solid gold until I was out of the water and got a good look at them.

LD2.jpg LD3.jpg LD4.jpg LD5.jpg LD6.jpg
Hard to believe the find of the day for me wasn't gold it was a bracelet that was buried about a foot down under gravel and shells. I put it in the collection bag and was so excited about the rings I forgot about it until the ride home. It was very dirty and had almost no weight to it but when I cleaned it off the design was visible and on the back was marked "Sterling". The last two pictures are after I polished it up.
I keep track of dates in places I hunt this is one of the oldest places I consistently make great finds. The oldest dated item was a ring from the 1880's a few years ago. Not shown in the pictures are a 1927 buffalo nickel and a 1916 wheat penny, along with the 1935 school ring from yesterday. Ill be going back with the crew soon.

Upvote 22

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you had a great weekend! Nice finds!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php

Attachments

• untFFitled.jpg
    untFFitled.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 179

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a Great Labor Day!!! Congrats!!!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on the gold and silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread