Lady of the Sea - Hope cufflink, 1819 large cent, more trinkets

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had some play time in the pine barrens this week so I hit one old site and found another virgin site. The first old site gave up a nice shoe buckle, buttons and a watch winder. The new site may be an 18th Century Tar Kiln. It gave up an 1819 large cent, a ring, buttons and cuff links. To me the find of the day was the Georgian era cufflinks as I was surprised to see that the image is that of the lady of the sea. It features the goddess Faith, leaning on the anchor of hope. The anchor has long been viewed as a symbol of hope and steadfastness, a symbol for stability and a strong foundation.
I only had a half day at the new site so I had to beat feet to be on time for work. On the way back out of the pine barrens I ran over a rattle snake on my bicycle. Maybe next outing I'll get a rattle snake button.....
group.jpg
cuff l.jpg
group1.jpg
group2.jpg
assortment.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had some play time in the pine barrens this week so I hit one old site and found another virgin site. The old site gave up a nice shoe buckle, buttons and a watch winder. The new site may be an 18th Century Tar Kiln. It gave up an 1819 large cent, a ring, buttons and cuff links. To me the find of the day was the cufflinks as I suspect the are War or 1812 Navy Officers Sleeve Buttons. Feel free to chime in if you know about sleeve buttons. I only had a half day at the new site so I had to beat feet to be on time for work. On the way back out of the pine barrens I ran over a rattle snake on my bicycle. Maybe next outing I'll get a rattle snake button.....
View attachment 2045702 View attachment 2045703 View attachment 2045705 View attachment 2045706

Awesome recoveries for sure. That sight has been good to you. Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some play time in the pine barrens this week so I hit one old site and found another virgin site. The old site gave up a nice shoe buckle, buttons and a watch winder. The new site may be an 18th Century Tar Kiln. It gave up an 1819 large cent, a ring, buttons and cuff links. To me the find of the day was the cufflinks as I suspect the are War or 1812 Navy Officers Sleeve Buttons. Feel free to chime in if you know about sleeve buttons. I only had a half day at the new site so I had to beat feet to be on time for work. On the way back out of the pine barrens I ran over a rattle snake on my bicycle. Maybe next outing I'll get a rattle snake button.....
View attachment 2045702 View attachment 2045703 View attachment 2045705 View attachment 2045706

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some play time in the pine barrens this week so I hit one old site and found another virgin site. The first old site gave up a nice shoe buckle, buttons and a watch winder. The new site may be an 18th Century Tar Kiln. It gave up an 1819 large cent, a ring, buttons and cuff links. To me the find of the day was the Georgian era cufflinks as I was surprised to see that the image is that of the lady of the sea. It features the goddess Faith, leaning on the anchor of hope. The anchor has long been viewed as a symbol of hope and steadfastness, a symbol for stability and a strong foundation.
I only had a half day at the new site so I had to beat feet to be on time for work. On the way back out of the pine barrens I ran over a rattle snake on my bicycle. Maybe next outing I'll get a rattle snake button.....
View attachment 2045702 View attachment 2045767 View attachment 2045703 View attachment 2045705 View attachment 2045706

WOW!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2045702 View attachment 2045767 View attachment 2045703 View attachment 2045705 View attachment 2045706

Stellar finds, love the 1813 liberty coin, and the Georgian era cufflink... perhaps a pic of the rattlesnake it's still around on your next trip out? Congratulations 👍

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread