Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
State parks are off limits to metal detecting. So pull up the listing of them on the States website. other than that have fun and enjoy!

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
This might be too late, but I just moved away from SW Utah -- St. George area -- and I MD the lakes around there all the time, including Sand Hollow State Park. You have to get a "permit" at the pay booth, but it takes ten seconds and all you do is sign a piece of paper. I've never found much more than clad, but when the water is down, there are all sorts of goodies. Found a few cell phones and cameras last year, and enough fishing gear to equip an army.

OP
OP
S

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thank you for that information, as that was one place I was hoping to go. I pretty much just go in the water so would it be worth my while do you think? I'll actually be in Utah Wednesday.

OP
OP
S

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'll be in the St. George and Washington area this coming Wednesday? Any suggestions as to where to go? I go mostly in water and I know its cold so I'll be wearing a 7mm wet suit.

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll be in the St. George and Washington area this coming Wednesday? Any suggestions as to where to go? I go mostly in water and I know its cold so I'll be wearing a 7mm wet suit.

Dang man, here I am, late for the party again... I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this; I didn't know you had posted. I hope you were able to get your coils wet and I hope you found something other than lead sinkers and hooks! If you are ever in the area again, send me a PM through the site and I'll be sure to respond to that in a timely manner!

Again, too late, but the last time I was out at Sand Hollow, the Ranger told me that a woman had lost a $50,000.00 wedding ring in the lake somewhere. I'm a little skeptical on the amount, but who knows... He said he didn't know what part of the lake it was supposedly lost in, and I don't know how low the water is this time of year, but I would be hunting the south east and eastern dikes if it were me...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions