boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anybody concerned that at some point there won't be enough water to turn the turbine (generator) at the dam?
Not too long ago they replaced the impellers with new ones to deal with lower water pressure. Friend was looking at the pics and didn't realize the footings for the towers were dry & that hasn't happened since the dam was filling up. In Lake Mead Vegas had clandestine drilled a straw to get water. It went dry and they drilled a second further back that went dry. Now the third ones drying up. There's areas in NLV where the sidewalks are heaving up two or three feet. A couple days ago TV news said Hoover dam was only being used to buffer the grid.

Dummies are building big storm drains to keep the strip from flooding during the monsoons. Why no retention basins to keep the rainwater to use?
Didn't think that one through did they?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's on Purpose. the Greenies need help with their scams

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's on Purpose. the Greenies need help with their scams
Naw not so much. Back in the 80s they were warning about this. Nineties they were talking banning all the fountains & water features. Now all the new construction seems to have lawns etc. Clark County = all talk no action till something bad happens.

An example- flood control ditch on Bonanza overflowing people drowning in it since at least the early 60s (that I can rember) This mess isn't something new the greenies came up with. They're just using it as an excuse for their agendas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread