pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You,re not going to drown in hell I don,t think,unless hell,s a lot wettter than I,ve been led to believe!:laughing7: Might run a tap from that pipeline down there!:laughing7:
Gee I might solve the heat situation. 🤔
Dampen the fires, all by myself.
What a legacy 👏
Steam would be the result, powering the world, renewable, and that could drive the water plants in pumping it to the dried out states.
Wow, problem solved, by just taking out those frigging water savers.
$300 a night and a man could produce a better stream.
Now on to the next task.🤣

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want water here ? ? ?
Just walk outside to the mailbox... ring your shirt out when you come back inside.

Want more than that ? ? ?

Walk back to mailbox and make a left... or a right... or keep walking straight ahead... eventually you will end up in some pond... creek... lake... retention pond... sinkhole... The Gulf Of Mexico or Atlantic ocean.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha you think Californians could swallow water from the Midwest? Our water is full of common sense and morals they simply wouldn't be able to acquire a taste for that. We'll keep our water over here thanks! Let them shrivel up in the desert
One of the most stupid comments I have seen here!

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They could build a canal or pipelines and allow some of the water from the Mississippi River and Missouri River which floods often to empty into the Colorado River.

pipeline.png

The pipelines from the Mississippi River in Davenport, Iowa connecting to the headwaters of the Colorado River at the Rocky Mountain National Park. The pipeline will end in the Rocky Mountain National park. The water will drain into the headwaters of the Colorado river.
To help prevent flooding of the great Missouri river and the Big Sioux River a pipeline intake near Sioux City where the two great rivers meet, can run down to connect to the pipeline coming from Davenport as it passes through.

The amount of water that would have to be diverted from the Mississippi to support the states that are in question, would cause extreme environmental damage to the ecosystem in the delta at the Gulf of Mexico. The current erosion of the delta at the mouth is already causing serious damage to the delta island barriers.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
I,ve a sister lives in Kalifornia.Much as we differ in opinions I don,t want to see her shrivel up. Plenty of water in Arkansas,figure out a way to get it there. it can be done.
It won't happen.
Where is the incentive ?
No money to be made doing that.
It would be considerably cheaper to build desalination plants for ocean water, albeit still very expensive.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't happen.
Where is the incentive ?
It would be considerably cheaper to build desalination plants for ocean water, albeit still very expensive.
Just a thought. I asked before if many of the Arab states get their water that way? If they can do it,why can,t we?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The amount of water that would have to be diverted from the Mississippi to support the states that are in question, would cause extreme environmental damage to the ecosystem in the delta at the Gulf of Mexico. The current erosion of the delta at the mouth is already causing serious damage to the delta island barriers.
Not really, when you think of all the flood waters at the end of winter from the north that cause billions of dollars of damage as well as lost lives. Mississippi river dumps 1.6 billion gallons of water a second into the gulf.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It won't happen.
Where is the incentive ?
Cost of 7 billion is pretty low and the water could be used to irrigate more land en route to the colorado river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread