OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cost of 7 billion is pretty low and the water could be used to irrigate more land en route to the colorado river.
Have you ever seen a cost estimate for a project of that magnitude that did not have huge cost overruns? You can bet that it would probably cost double that! :tongue3:

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So double it, $14 Billion, This country gives that much away all the time for BS.

Don't forget the appreciation value on all that land once it is irrigated a little bit.

Call it Infrastructure improvement.

I don't even live out west but a bond program could offset it also.

I think the Egyptians irrigated a desert from the Nile about 3,000 years ago.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever seen a cost estimate for a project of that magnitude that did not have huge cost overruns? You can bet that it would probably cost double that! :tongue3:
Even double that to $14 billion, so what, the cost is invested back into America and American jobs, and businesses and it corrects 2 major problems, the constant flooding of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers and water is used by farmers all along the path to the Colorado River.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what? We,ve given over 40 billion and climbing to finance somebody else,s war so far. We give away well beyond that much in military assistance to other countries every year. We left way beyond that in free military gear for the Taliban in Afghanistan. What,s the cost for resettling all those Westerners some where else in America? Where they,ll put a strain on water resources there. The people are there,it can,t be undone now.Stop the Bull jiving and figure out a way to get excess water from places that have it to the people who need it. Do something for America for once.

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So double it, $14 Billion, This country gives that much away all the time for BS.

Don't forget the appreciation value on all that land once it is irrigated a little bit.

Call it Infrastructure improvement.

I don't even live out west but a bond program could offset it also.

I think the Egyptians irrigated a desert from the Nile about 3,000 years ago.
The evaporation rate would have an impact on how much water would actually reach the west. Plus going over the rocky mountains would be very expensive. so I doubt the project could be done even for $14 billion.:treasurechest:

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought water was needed to live , hum priorities simply disregarded from the folks in the District of Columbia, they should be deported where they can experience awefulness, leaders like this shameful
Well, those people knew they were moving to desert country. If they didn't then they were sorely uninformed. :lightbulb:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The evaporation rate would have an impact on how much water would actually reach the west. Plus going over the rocky mountains would be very expensive. so I doubt the project could be done even for $14 billion.:treasurechest:
Why don,t you figure out a way to make it work instead of sitting there thinking up ways it might not. 14 Billion is chump change in the overall scheme of Federal budgets. Maybe one shipload of 155mm shells for that other folks war we,re funding. Like I said,it would be really expensive to relocate all those Westeners somewhere else,or do you just intend to let them die?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, those people knew they were moving to desert country. If they didn't then they were sorely uninformed. :lightbulb:
People been moving there for hundreds of years. That means nothing,absolutely nothing,they,re there. If you don,t intend to let them die,start working on a solution,not placing blame on someone. We,ve got plenty of that going on as it is.

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why don,t you figure out a way to make it work instead of sitting there thinking up ways it might not. 14 Billion is chump change in the overall scheme of Federal budgets. Maybe one shipload of 155mm shells for that other folks war we,re funding. Like I said,it would be really expensive to relocate all those Westeners somewhere else,or do you just intend to let them die?
I did figure out how to make it work and so have many others. Use less water and restrict development in arid country. :icon_thumright:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did figure out how to make it work and so have many others. Use less water and restrict development in arid country. :icon_thumright:
That,s not an answer to the current problem,a lack of water for the people there.That,s a Liberal talking point.No more,no less. What about the people there now? Answer?

treasureguy56

Mar 31, 2019
Half way Between Perry and Owosso Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210 , Tesoro Golden Sabre , CZ5 , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your answer is to change ecosystems more and deplete water from another area? No we need to quit the crap practices of farming in arid areas, and stop having lawns and fountains in the dang desert....
Ill never understand how so many businesses continue their automatic sprinkler systems even when its raining ??? . Its that kind of ignorance that helps to hurt us on top of the fact that people just dont use their heads .

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That,s not an answer to the current problem,a lack of water for the people there.That,s a Liberal talking point.No more,no less. What about the people there now? Answer?
Since I have been alive I have seen the world population more than double from 3 billion to over 6 billion. Soon or later we are going to run out of water. What should we do about that? Leave it for our grandchildren or great grandchildren to deal with it? And that's not a "liberal talking point", that is a scientific reality and a human talking point. :sad5:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
toilet to tap is one way of conserving water, limiting development is another because you can't put the genie back in the bottle once he's out.

those aren't "liberal" talking points, they're facts but in order to fix a problem you have to acknowledge the entirety of it and I'm not going there in this thread. As a hint though, look at what's happening in Italy, India, Bangledesh.

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
toilet to tap is one way of conserving water, limiting development is another because you can't put the genie back in the bottle once he's out.

those aren't "liberal" talking points, they're facts but in order to fix a problem you have to acknowledge the entirety of it and I'm not going there in this thread. As a hint though, look at what's happening in Italy, India, Bangledesh.
I agree and I'm not suggesting that anyone move out. But, when you have people moving to the desert from non-desert climes and start planting plants that are not indigenous to the region including lawns that have to be watered on a daily basis they become part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread