Large silver and 1866 Indian

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Haven't searched much the last three years but visited a farm house foundation and two 1900ish farm houses that are rentals. Found the indian head and a 1944 wheat cent at the foundation. Just the ash and trash coins at the two farm houses. Two weeks ago, I visited the friend's house that encloses/adds on to early 1800's cabin. Found the silver there. My first silver dollar.

Attachments

• IMG_5344.JPG
    IMG_5344.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_5345.JPG
    IMG_5345.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_5347.JPG
    IMG_5347.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 53

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haven't searched much the last three years but visited a farm house foundation and two 1900ish farm houses that are rentals. Found the indian head and a 1944 wheat cent at the foundation. Just the ash and trash coins at the two farm houses. Two weeks ago, I visited the friend's house that encloses/adds on to early 1800's cabin. Found the silver there. My first silver dollar.
Man what a stunning IHP! Congratulations

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regardless of the condition, that Morgan is awesome- such character- makes you wonder what adventures it's been through. Oh, and that Indian, simply spectacular, perhaps the best 66 I've ever seen posted- Congrats!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds! The IH is a true beauty. Congratulations on your first Silver Dollar, too!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the big silver! That penny is pristine!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
hoosierfinds

hoosierfinds

Dec 14, 2005
Richmond Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Regardless of the condition, that Morgan is awesome- such character- makes you wonder what adventures it's been through. Oh, and that Indian, simply spectacular, perhaps the best 66 I've ever seen posted- Congrats!
It's amazing how the soil can be so forgiving to some coins. The 1944 cent found at the same site, but twenty feet away was just regular, buried-copper ugly.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The IHP is a real eye catcher.
Congrats on the silver dollar-1902?
Still on my dusty want list, good to see you get to scratch it off yours now.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet Morgan and that IHP is in great shape, 1866 very nice!

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never thought an Indian would steal the show from a Morgan, but holy cow that thing is amazing! Congrats.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. That indianhead looks pristine

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is always pretty hoosierfinds... congrats

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding that old IHP with full " liberty" is quite something! What a lovely coin. The silver dollar is fantastic. I'm hoping to come across one some day...very jealous. Hope to see more of your posts! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread